A rare find? UK made...Zinn Z-Centaur 92

slimjoe

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Just travelled halfway across the Uk to pick this up..

Again, the pictures do not do its condition any justice..Its mint!

Trying to find info on the brand is an issue..

I havent done anything yet to clean or polish this..but i intend on stripping it down to the frame, treating inside of the tubes with frame saver, cleaning up all the parts including re-greasing the h-set, hubs & b-bracket.

Ill keep you posted on my progress..Oh and any product info would be greatly appreciated..

Attachments

• Zinn 131.jpg
    Zinn 131.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 5,015
  • Zinn 125.jpg
    Zinn 125.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 5,015
  • Zinn 130.jpg
    Zinn 130.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 5,014
  • Zinn 129.jpg
    Zinn 129.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 5,014
:cool: Outstanding find there,,, stunning condition. one of my all time fave bikes,, deff on the hitlist at some point...

Frames are just works of art,, and the groupset finishes it off a treat... nice to see some quality back on the site.. :) :cool:

a totally beautifull bike, ive seen these in the fleash, when they wer first produced, and had there first showing, at the Malvern Hills classic, they displayed a blue one with centaur groupset, and a baby pink model with campag euclid, i remamber the pink/euclid model being £1000.00 retail.

absolutely gorgeous frame work, with stunning fillet brazing.

I have never seen the sunburst red, in the flesh........fantastic :shock: :D

Zinn

sinnerman":14oxfpux said:
a totally beautifull bike, ive seen these in the fleash, when they wer first produced, and had there first showing, at the Malvern Hills classic, they displayed a blue one with centaur groupset, and a baby pink model with campag euclid, i remamber the pink/euclid model being £1000.00 retail.

absolutely gorgeous frame work, with stunning fillet brazing.

I have never seen the sunburst red, in the flesh........fantastic :shock: :D

Thankyou all for such kind words in regard to the Zinn.

The red colour is really very nice and will be much shinier when ive gone

to work on it. I have to say i am so in love with this bike!! Ive spent the last 20 years riding US built stuff..This is going to be very refreshing.

I will not disclose yet my intended purpose for this bike in summer ;)

Got to be honest i think you are very lucky. Is that the matching campy seatpost i spy....?????? lovely. I think what has amazed me the most is you have a bike with 99.9% spec as it was built bitd. those continental baja tyres are fantastic, and regretably no longer availiable, a fantastic harder compound tyre, that lasts and lasts and lasts, sidewall looks great, i used these in 1.5" for fast trail work/road riding .....if you ever want to part with them im your man.

If i remember correctly the grip of choice was a odi attack grip. and saddle i saw on the displayed blue example they showed was a black turbo, and on the pink version a selle italia rolls.

What you have there my friend is a boutique example of custom built english craftsmanship.

this was one of the the awe inspiring british builds, that i fell in love with, and increased my passion for more knowledge of cycle tubing, the differences and why the english frame builders used the approach to things they did when they did. the mid to late 80s.

I agree, i keep going back and looking again, cant wait to see more more more pictures........please....!!!! :oops:

Back