1999 Klein Attitude Race and 2000 Klein Adroit Pro

Roadsters

Retro Newbie
Feedback
View
Thought I'd share some pictures I took yesterday.

Above, my 19-pound Big Sky Blue 1999 Klein Attitude Race

Below, my 21-pound Sedona Orange 2000 Klein Adroit Pro

Cheers! :D

Thanks! They're my all-time favorite bikes.

Here's the smaller Adroit Pro (my first Klein) in a picture that I took in 2009.

2162_1000x956.jpg

What do you think of the carbon Trigon fork? I've been considering getting one to put on a semi WWeenie Killer V.

Sirrahkin":790i71gd said:
What do you think of the carbon Trigon fork?
I've only had it for a week, but during that time I've ridden with it on every type of surface that I ever ride on here in Arizona: on the road, including hard sprints, very hard braking, and very fast cornering as well as jumping up and down curbs; on uneven dry and wet grass, and on level terrain and steep hills of fine and coarse gravel. In terms of shock absorption, to use an audio term, the Trigon fork slightly shortens and rounds off the peaks of the transients, softening the ride just enough to make it easier for you to have the perfect ride, where you just enjoy the adventure and never think about the equipment.

Short version: Less than ten minutes into my first ride on this fork, I decided to order another one.

In all fairness, though, it's not like there are a whole lot of 500-gram mountain bike forks to choose from.

Today I sanded the lettering off of the Trigon fork and (since there's a second one of them on its way) installed it on the larger Adroit Pro. This was done by using an MC3.1 to inch and an eighth headset adapter kit from David at http://www.themacaddress.com/ which works superbly.

With Slime tubes, the bike is now 20 pounds five ounces.

Having started with one of the finest mountain bike frames ever made, and adding an array of components chosen for durability and performance as well as light weight, this is one happy, refined Klein. As far as what it's like to ride, the bike is so close to perfect it's almost ridiculous.

Back