Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:40 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: 1990 Kili Flyer Comp
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:56 pm 
Old School Grand Master

I am pretty sure this is a 1990 or 1991 model. It was purchased by me brand new in late 1991. Excuse its condition but it has had a very eventful life. It was extensively raced throughout the 90's with various parts being replaced with whatever was available at the time. Brakes are original including the rear cable! The original STI expired pretty quickly so I hacksawed them off so I could reuse the brake levers. I was a very poor student at the time. Cranks and the inner and outer rings are original. I have just fitted the fifth middle ring. Until recently it was a street/touring machine but since joining the forum it once more crashes around offroad.

The one upgrade I always wanted but could never afford was a disk drive wheel. What do you think? Should I or shouldn't I??

Attachments:
File comment: Note the retro Specialived bottle cages and the 1st generation SPD's
Kili#3.jpg
Kili#3.jpg [ 37.7 KiB | Viewed 728 times ]
File comment: Profile Durango XC bar end. I got these at the Plymouth Worlds event that Dave Baker won and Tomac came third having had two punctures. I will never forget him clearing the Pipeline six feet up, sideways and crossed up! Has anyone got any photos from t
Kili#2.jpg
Kili#2.jpg [ 33.08 KiB | Viewed 728 times ]
File comment: Heavy but dependable. Frame is a 19.5". Original stem was zero rise 150mm. This was the longest repacement the shop had. Seem to remember the bike getting lighter when I replaced the Big Forks with suspension.
Kili#1.jpg
Kili#1.jpg [ 36.49 KiB | Viewed 728 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:48 pm 
Retro Guru

Oooh I had one of those bottle cages and I too remember fitting suspension forks (Scott Unishocks) to save weight :wink:

Love to see bikes which have been owned from new and have a bit of history. Why can't I ever hang onto anything for longer than a couple of months :(