Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:24 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:02 pm 
Retro Guru

Bram J wrote:
MikeD wrote:
This is a readily-reversible addition to a not-spectacularly-rare frame that'll make it more usable. I (still) don't see the problem.

Where do the naysayers stand on cutting up FROs to make C-26 repros out of?

Are there people doing this?

Yes, but hey a nice nice nice build. http://www.yeti-c26.net/rebirth.html thats ameybrooks project

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:14 pm 
Retro Guru

Wow, I didn't even know that that frame isn't a real C-26. Very nice build indeed. :D I approve of these 'modifications', but wouldn't do it myself.
It's all fine by me as long as people don't try to sell them off as genuine ones. :? Could be lucrative though, since the last 'real' one sold for around 12000 USD.
*edit: Good info on the site too, thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:23 pm 
Retro Guru

Not sure it's fair to call it "not real". "Not original", maybe, although original tubeset and builder. Maybe just "deferred" ;) Anyway, didn't mean to start a debate about C-26 repros, I was just using that as an example of a rather more dramatic FRO "modification" :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:28 pm 
Retro Guru

MikeD wrote:
Not sure it's fair to call it "not real". "Not original", maybe, although original tubeset and builder. Maybe just "deferred" ;) Anyway, didn't mean to start a debate about C-26 repros, I was just using that as an example of a rather more dramatic FRO "modification" :)

I didn't read it all through before I made my comment, ''deferred'' sounds much better in place indeed! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:19 am 
Dirt Disciple

Any updates? Excited to see this one finished

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:35 am 
Retro Guru

hopefully its finished at the painter today.

thanks for yor intrtest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:00 pm 
Retro Guru

I am behind you all the way (said the Bishop to the Acress), hot-rodding this NOT RARE frame is perfectly cool.

Have any of you people ever been to a car show? No one rolls around on the floor moaning over a chopped, channeled, smoothed, fully independent, disc braked, V-8, 32 coupe!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:02 pm 
Retro Guru

Thanks Lid, Then I am off to the bike smith to pick up the frame and fork - excited as a little child :D Pictures to come later...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:22 pm 
Retro Guru

yeti-man wrote:
Allso I am not desided on to use the "Yetiman" headtube decal or to go with the modern alu crest?

Sorry man, no hard feelings really, its just metal pipes... but think about it, if the answer to that question is not clear as water maybe you are not a so hardcore Yeti rider after all (and now I am not talking about the pathetic tribe marketing bullshit mtbr-yeti sheeps love to claim they belong to).

This kind of modding of collectors pieces is the no 1 reason I specifically ask whoever buys my Yeti frames I had for sale not to mess with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:38 pm 
Retro Guru

erkan wrote:
yeti-man wrote:
Allso I am not desided on to use the "Yetiman" headtube decal or to go with the modern alu crest?

Sorry man, no hard feelings really, its just metal pipes... but think about it, if the answer to that question is not clear as water maybe you are not a so hardcore Yeti rider after all (and now I am not talking about the pathetic tribe marketing bullshit mtbr-yeti sheeps love to claim they belong to).

This kind of modding of collectors pieces is the no 1 reason I specifically ask whoever buys my Yeti frames I had for sale not to mess with them.

you are free to mean as you please just as like myself iam free to do or mean as i please.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next