Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:04 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:14 pm 
Retro Guru

Nice,

but will that welding on the frame be smoothed? (the original factory welding on the dropout has a nice patron in the welding, the new welding....eeurh...is not so slick)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:17 pm 
Retro Guru

radjatoe wrote:
Nice,

but will that welding on the frame be smoothed? (the original factory welding on the dropout has a nice patron in the welding, the new welding....eeurh...is not so slick)

Hi the retrofit is fillet brazed, not welded. I am not sure if they are going to be smoothed more than what they already are. This is not an big issue for me - this is not a livingroombeautycontest bike - it will be ridden ;-)

This retrofit is more about modern functionality meet with the classiest most iconic frame of them all. The angles and overall dimensions are just perfect for fireroad and dirt roads.

modern steel frames are angleadjusted for front suspension, and they just doesent have the aggressive feel and handeling and specialy the above all other frames cornering feel. The FRO with Accu-trax forks is the best match ever. (I think)

;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:03 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Looks great so far. Is that all the hose guides etc fitted? Next step, powder coating? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:22 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi Yes all house fasternes Are mounted except the ond on the fork. Regarding the powdercoat I am not sure if I'll go for the classic cheme all resultera use; neon yellow fork And Yeticyan framelsker. At the moment I'm thinking of throwing in a white arrow front on the frame.

Allso I am not desided on to use the "Yetiman" headtube decal or to go with the modern alu crest?

Thank you for your interest!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:33 pm 
Retro Guru

If it was me to decide it would be all yellow, drifting yetiman decal, other decals all black and lots of black parts. But it's not my decision, so do as you please! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:14 pm 
Retro Guru

Looks great, always nice to see a bike being built to be ridden and not just looked at!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:38 pm 
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg

radjatoe wrote:
Nice,

+1

If it has to be done, and take such time and expense for this conversion, the least I'd expect is a decent weld quality. That's pretty rubbish looking and the frame deserves better.
You can have functional and good looking at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:55 pm 
Retro Guru

Rob Atkin wrote:
radjatoe wrote:
Nice,

+1

If it has to be done, and take such time and expense for this conversion, the least I'd expect is a decent weld quality. That's pretty rubbish looking and the frame deserves better.

ppl it is NOT welded, its fillet brazed AND relax its not finish ... Yet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:29 am 
South East Deputy AEC
South East Deputy AEC

looking forward to seeing this finished yeti-man, carry on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:04 am 
Retro Guru

yeti-man wrote:
Rob Atkin wrote:
radjatoe wrote:
Nice,

+1

ppl it is NOT welded, its fillet brazed AND relax its not finish ... Yet

Pooh! Happy to hear that!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next