Kona Koa 97 retromod build (FINISHED)

johnnycos

Kona Fan
Right im probably going to get abuse for some of my choices but hay ho lol, i only have one pic and here it is. I got the frame from on here

DSC06075.jpg

Cane creek headset

Rock shox judy

Easton seatpost (ea50)
Easton stem (ea50)
Easton riser bars (ea30)

Sram white grips
Sram x9 shifters

Magura Hs33 brakes
Magura_HS_33_1024x7681024x768.jpg

I have a choice of rims 1st set is a set coda 700series i just love the spoke set up, 2nd set, same spoke set up but thinner mavic x221 rims with shimano hubs. And the rest well its what ever takes my fancy lol im sticking with the sram gear for the drailleurs im just stuck on the crank and it has to be isis.

I dont mind another white Kona. I think it looks great. But, I would go for older graphics, the 1997 Kona ones were excellent, amongst the best. These moderner ones look ok but the original were best. Contact Gil_m he'll sort you out some great ones.

Nice build so far mate.

Haha funny you should say that as i was thinking the same but they were on there when got it, i think i will give him a nudge as i also have a 92 racelight cindercone that i have started buying bits for(all origial stuff) and a 96 koa that im bulding up for the wife

Well after deciding to ditch the decals as i thought they were'nt right for the bike, i got in touch with Gil and i can now say he is a legend and very patient.......This is how it looks now ;) but still have to sort out saddle(white or black),tyres,drailleurs and crankset :? :?: :?:
DSC06078.jpg

DSC06079.jpg

DSC06080.jpg

Hate to say I told you so BUT those decals look a million times better. Dont overdo the white - the saddle should be black if you are using the bike - white saddles never stay white!

This is looking awesome.

I had to google charge spoon to see what the hell you were talking about lol now i know :oops: im leaning towards a black one ;)

just stumbled upon this, looks awesome and the change of decals really does it justice

subscribed now, looking for to the completion!

Latest posts

Back