The new retro project.

deore 2

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
just got her off a mate,shes a work in progress,but entirely original!already got a bit of a build quandry,the cranks not so hot,and i've got an m900 i can put on,but is it right to do so?

Attachments

• DSC01007 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01007 (Medium).JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,439
  • DSC01004 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01004 (Medium).JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,439
  • DSC01002 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01002 (Medium).JPG
    49 KB · Views: 1,439
  • DSC01001 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01001 (Medium).JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,439
deore 2":2jk1i5mq said:
just got her off a mate,shes a work in progress,but entirely original!already got a bit of a build quandry,the cranks not so hot,and i've got an m900 i can put on,but is it right to do so?

Why not? You'd be amazed the money some people will waste on low-end Kona's! :LOL:

hehe,yeah,i guess thats two of us then! i love the way your xtr crank looks,its that thats caused me the quandry!

(and im not responsible for that seat,BTW!)

Tallpaul":g0dofp7l said:
Why not? You'd be amazed the money some people will waste on low-end Kona's! :LOL:

*cough* its the legendary geometry don't you know *cough*

Personally I think that XTR parts on anything other than high-mid to top end frames is odd, but whatever floats your boat. The Cindercone always looks good with a nice clean XT build IMHO.

You mean you won't be putting XTR on the Fire Mountain then Russ ;)

Lovely Cinder Cone . . . 1996? I had the late '96 model in matte cherry red with the same decals (think it was available frame only).

but i cant help thinking,that back in '95 when this was out,it wasnt THAT low-end?surely i can scrape by with xtr?probably not NOS but a tidy build,not really feeling m739.

:LOL: Nope :) Though I do have special plans for it.

I don't know much about mid 90's Konas, I known that in '97, the CC came with STX so I would imagine that in '96 it was similarly specced?

Heck it doesn't matter at the end of the day, although older cranks such as M900 do start to look our of place (IMHO) on frames from '96-'97 onwards.

What about M950?

Back