'89 Cinder Cone twins in need of cosmetic surgery!

RAFbikes

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
GOD DAMN THEY UGLY!!! 1989 Cinder Cone Ugly sisters.

Picked these up just just before christmas for peanuts as the guy who was selling them had listed them as if it was one bike and a completely fubar one at that in reality it's 2 nearly complete bikes both identical both rusty and seized and in need of complete rebuilds probably resprays or atleast touch ups.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 2,047
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 2,047
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 2,047
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 2,047
few more. . .

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 2,024
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 2,024
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 2,024
I've said I won't buy any more frames (yeah right!) but that's one bike I'd like to build up.

Let me know if you want to shift one.

Matt.

As a twin myself I think these are awesome.

They cant have had too hard a life if the reflector is still on them!

You have a good pedigree of builds, looking forward to this.

Tell us how much peanuts was... go on... tell us.

They should come up nice with a bit of waxing and autosol.

I was watching these but missed the end of the auction - any chance of letting on what you got them for?

To me they look ace - if you decide to ditch one of them, let me know :)

:LOL: Yeah might need a chain, possibly some new bearings! :LOL:

Still they were a bargain at £36.11 for the pair! :shock: unsure how far to go with them I had intended to strip them back to the metal then recreate the original paint work and get some repro transfers but they're not really that bad.

The dilemma really is I don't like doing something unless I can make it perfect but it'd seem a shame to get rid of the original paint and transfers.

What do you think?

Staf.

I would keep the "best" one is its original paint, strip the other one and repaint, rebuild both and have a cindercone-off competition, with votes and everything, to see which looks the best

Back