'94 Explosif - Does it sparkle with you...

BerthaPog

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
First proper build thread so please be gentle...

Got most of the important bits together...

'94 19" frame - was re-done in pearlescent white by a previous owner, and came with the right forks, headset & stem.

Then came the what bits/colours etc...

Attachments

• IMG_8799_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_8799_edited-1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 2,892
  • IMG_8800_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_8800_edited-1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 2,892
  • IMG_8797_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_8797_edited-1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 2,892
Bits & colours...

It started out as silver/grey with a few blue accents, rather than full on colour coded, bought various bits, and then decided...nah, didn't like blue...

Back to the drawing board...

For reasons I can't explain, I really like the Kona Curve Canti's and had a wheels worth in the parts box - bought on a whim. This could work...so got hold of the levers, and another set of canti's.

Then a pair of toplines came up for sale with a red spider... yep this could work...

I know...another red & white Kona...after a few more months and a few more purchases it's nearly time to get the tools out. :)

So a big thank you to those of you who've provided bits - and let the fun commence.

Attachments

• IMG_8804_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_8804_edited-1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 2,891
Well not quite complete, but test build done...

Attachments

• IMG_9185.jpg
    IMG_9185.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 2,605
  • IMG_9188.jpg
    IMG_9188.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 2,599
  • IMG_9190.jpg
    IMG_9190.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 2,606
  • IMG_9192.jpg
    IMG_9192.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 2,605
where are your cable caps you naughty boy?!! :?

one of my pet hates!

other than that looks really nice :D

Re: where are the cable caps...

Waiting for the grey XTR cable outers and inners - thought it better to "dry" build with run-of-the-mill to make sure it all works and get the lengths right. :shock:

USE Ti to come as well. :D

Thats shaping up to be bloody gorgeous! I'm a sucker for white frames, and the pearl finish looks really good :cool:

makster":9xw483au said:
Thats shaping up to be bloody gorgeous! I'm a sucker for white frames, and the pearl finish looks really good :cool:

I've got a pearl finish Rock Lobster and I think it looks great, and bling but subtle.

Back