1989 Fisher CR-7 Fusion Restoration

epic1400cs

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
After MuddyFox courier resto for my friend last summer, previous owner of the bike was so happy with my job that he decided to lend me his Fisher CR-7 till 2031(means 20 years loan :cool:) because he doesn't ride it any longer :D

FisherCR-7-04.jpg

According to him, the original was painted in Blue but the original owner had removed the paint to show aluminum colour of the frame.

FisherCR-7-07.jpg

I believe this fork is Manitou 1? Does anybody know about it?

FisherCR-7-15.jpg

I did some homework and as far as I understand, there are some up grade/date parts like front fork(Manitou 1?), pedals(Shimano M525), chain rings(specialized on shimano arm).
Also the stem seems to be Answer A-TAC 1 1/4" size.

After looking through some info re CR-7 on the net, I fall in love with this CR-7 colouring.
main.php

Step 1: check very carefully for cracks
Step 2: sell me the saddle and bottle cage
Step 3: paint it that cool grey colour and refurbish it

Good luck!

Thanks!

Rod_Saetan, the seat is Specialized but the back of it has some scuff, showing the base white fabric so you may need to refurbish it. The cage is again Specialized. If you want to make offer, please PM me to help me buying original saddle.
Thanks for the crack advice, I had a good look especially around head tube / top tube area and there is no crack.

Grannygrinder, thanks! I was not 100% sure if it was good idea - as this is 88 model because the head tube in the pic is much thinner than 1 1/4" and components are suntour rather than shimano, except the ones sold in far east. But hey, it is up to me so I should paint the colour I like :)

One thing I am not sure is the decals / water slides. In the brochure picture I can see old type fisher logo on the head tube and the seat tube. But I can't see 'Fisher' decals on the down tube - I feel as if I see it but not clear enough. Does anyone know about it?

epic1400cs":1breq88m said:
One thing I am not sure is the decals / water slides. In the brochure picture I can see old type fisher logo on the head tube and the seat tube. But I can't see 'Fisher' decals on the down tube - I feel as if I see it but not clear enough. Does anyone know about it?

Look at this 1989 Fisher CR-7 http://mombat.org/1989_Fisher_CR7.htm

I think Gil_m has some 80's Fisher decals on file! They are HKEK but he will be able to make some CR-7's

stumpjumper1990":hhcav8rk said:
Look at this 1989 Fisher CR-7 http://mombat.org/1989_Fisher_CR7.htm

I think Gil_m has some 80's Fisher decals on file! They are HKEK but he will be able to make some CR-7's
Thanks! The one from mombat is gorgeous isn't it. I slightly feel that the logo on the grey CR-7 is older type like this
main.php

I might ask Gil once I find out the detail of it.
By the way, what is HKEK? (sorry for noob question...)

Back