Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
now with comfy risers

clockworkriser.jpg

update pic aug 2009

orangeaug2009.jpg

updated picture- now with full xt kit, silver bars and proper crankset and kids bike box removed- just need some decent smokes and the bike will be finished.

orange1.jpg

orange2.jpg

Gary

Welcome to the forum. Nice bike! I ran my old bike as a street machine but have just put nobblies back on it having joined the forum!

Drink! Girls! Feck!

Frame looks in great shape, has it had a respray. At a guess I'd say your's is a 92 with Tange big fork option. Groupset is much later.

Nice looking bike. I bet it flys with those slicks and the big rings! Can't beat the look of a steel MTB with slicks, Raleigh Lizard excluded!

Thanks for the very nice comments, resprayed at Argos- those boys and girls know how to use a spray gun :) The original paint job on my 1990 clockwork (I still curse you, dirty bike robber) was really poor.
And yes does move a bit but beleive it or not could do with a bigger ring for some of the steeper hills around here. Have a Purple Hot rod handlebar and what looks like the original black stem if anyone is interested, can post pictures if need be.

updated picture- will get rid of the newer crankset when those lx ones wear out and toying with the idea of a colour coded set of judy's up front (I know pace is the law but I say f@ck the law :twisted: - and they are cheaper :LOL: )

As always, a very tasteful example of a true British classic. Have to agree that the LX chainset has to go.. you'd better start riding more to wear it out! :twisted:

You know my thoughts on Orange and Pace.. I haven't found any references to them in the British legal system? :roll: Get those Judy's slapped on and give her a good spanking! ;)

OrangeRetro":2c8yhvwd said:
As always, a very tasteful example of a true British classic. Have to agree that the LX chainset has to go.. you'd better start riding more to wear it out! :twisted:

You know my thoughts on Orange and Pace.. I haven't found any references to them in the British legal system? :roll: Get those Judy's slapped on and give her a good spanking! ;)

sorry :oops: just seen this post.

Agree on the modern cranks, I was just about to wip the crankset off the other night, then realised the tools required are post 1993, so decided it can stay abit longer :LOL: .

To be fair I have never had any issues with them since dot, which is more than I can say for some of the other retro crankset I have- some things have improved since the glory days I suppose (not in looks IMHO).

I want a hot rod bar and a front xt mech and I will be happy- the boing boing is all dependent on me selling stuff (do you fancy a loverly flexstem there greeeeat) but it is not happening at the moment:cry: What size of front mech does the clockwork take do you know?

clockworkgazz":2zhpur41 said:
OrangeRetro":2zhpur41 said:

sorry :oops: just seen this post.

Agree on the modern cranks, I was just about to wip the crankset off the other night, then realised the tools required are post 1993, so decided it can stay abit longer :LOL: .

To be fair I have never had any issues with them since dot, which is more than I can say for some of the other retro crankset I have- some things have improved since the glory days I suppose (not in looks IMHO).

I want a hot rod bar and a front xt mech and I will be happy- the boing boing is all dependent on me selling stuff (do you fancy a loverly flexstem there greeeeat) but it is not happening at the moment:cry: What size of front mech does the clockwork take do you know?

Front mech size should be 28.6. I'll give it a miss on the flex stem, I'm going for a fully rigid theme on my clockwork, a proper BITD build with little or no bling (until I see some that I can't resist!), the kind of bike you did your paper round on.

I've progressed nicely with the paint job. I recommend fluorescent orange plasticote if you want the original un-faded orange effect on your mini clockwork. You'll need sunglasses to look at the dynarod van effect but I'm really excited about the authentic early 90's flouro! :cool:

Latest posts

Back