It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:32 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: clockwork orange
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:44 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

now with comfy risers

update pic aug 2009

updated picture- now with full xt kit, silver bars and proper crankset and kids bike box removed- just need some decent smokes and the bike will be finished.

Gary

Last edited by clockworkgazz on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:53 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:57 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Welcome to the forum. Nice bike! I ran my old bike as a street machine but have just put nobblies back on it having joined the forum!

Drink! Girls! Feck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:29 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Frame looks in great shape, has it had a respray. At a guess I'd say your's is a 92 with Tange big fork option. Groupset is much later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:03 pm 

Nice looking bike. I bet it flys with those slicks and the big rings! Can't beat the look of a steel MTB with slicks, Raleigh Lizard excluded!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:31 pm 

Thanks for the very nice comments, resprayed at Argos- those boys and girls know how to use a spray gun :) The original paint job on my 1990 clockwork (I still curse you, dirty bike robber) was really poor.
And yes does move a bit but beleive it or not could do with a bigger ring for some of the steeper hills around here. Have a Purple Hot rod handlebar and what looks like the original black stem if anyone is interested, can post pictures if need be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:41 am 

updated picture- will get rid of the newer crankset when those lx ones wear out and toying with the idea of a colour coded set of judy's up front (I know pace is the law but I say f@ck the law :twisted: - and they are cheaper :lol: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:59 am 
Old School Grand Master

Lookin' purposeful. 8)

The colour coded Judys sound like a neat idea too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:05 am 
Retro Guru

As always, a very tasteful example of a true British classic. Have to agree that the LX chainset has to go.. you'd better start riding more to wear it out! :twisted:

You know my thoughts on Orange and Pace.. I haven't found any references to them in the British legal system? :roll: Get those Judy's slapped on and give her a good spanking! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:02 pm 

OrangeRetro wrote:
As always, a very tasteful example of a true British classic. Have to agree that the LX chainset has to go.. you'd better start riding more to wear it out! :twisted:

You know my thoughts on Orange and Pace.. I haven't found any references to them in the British legal system? :roll: Get those Judy's slapped on and give her a good spanking! :wink:

sorry :oops: just seen this post.

Agree on the modern cranks, I was just about to wip the crankset off the other night, then realised the tools required are post 1993, so decided it can stay abit longer :lol: .

To be fair I have never had any issues with them since dot, which is more than I can say for some of the other retro crankset I have- some things have improved since the glory days I suppose (not in looks IMHO).

I want a hot rod bar and a front xt mech and I will be happy- the boing boing is all dependent on me selling stuff (do you fancy a loverly flexstem there greeeeat) but it is not happening at the moment:cry: What size of front mech does the clockwork take do you know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:57 am 
Retro Guru

clockworkgazz wrote:
OrangeRetro wrote:

sorry :oops: just seen this post.

Agree on the modern cranks, I was just about to wip the crankset off the other night, then realised the tools required are post 1993, so decided it can stay abit longer :lol: .

To be fair I have never had any issues with them since dot, which is more than I can say for some of the other retro crankset I have- some things have improved since the glory days I suppose (not in looks IMHO).

I want a hot rod bar and a front xt mech and I will be happy- the boing boing is all dependent on me selling stuff (do you fancy a loverly flexstem there greeeeat) but it is not happening at the moment:cry: What size of front mech does the clockwork take do you know?

Front mech size should be 28.6. I'll give it a miss on the flex stem, I'm going for a fully rigid theme on my clockwork, a proper BITD build with little or no bling (until I see some that I can't resist!), the kind of bike you did your paper round on.

I've progressed nicely with the paint job. I recommend fluorescent orange plasticote if you want the original un-faded orange effect on your mini clockwork. You'll need sunglasses to look at the dynarod van effect but I'm really excited about the authentic early 90's flouro! 8)