Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:48 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:56 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 10:01 am
Posts: 11207
Location: Stockport, staring at the Peaks
Me too! 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:40 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 2
I see this thread is a little dated now, but I'll throw this up and hopefully it helps.

This is my mid 90's ala carte. It came rigid with switchblade forks originally. Full xt groupo and rapid-fire's.

Stem, salsa bars, ritchey seatpost, xt v-brakes, rear xt derailleur are original. The original seat and rims were destroyed in a rib breaking accident from my fathers downhill escapades.

Forgive me for having no clipless pedals and the terrible rear tire. It was used as an indoor trainer for my gf and I this winter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:40 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 2
http://imgur.com/a/UR8g4

can't link on first post...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Original Build
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:17 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:03 am
Posts: 395
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
I actually built all of Jason's Salsa bikes at Denton Cycles in Newcastle. Jason would regularly walk in with a frame, forks, a bag of new bits and a bag of freshly broken bits. He was such a demanding person to build for but I really really enjoyed it.


Attachments:
Salsa Jason Mcroy .jpg
Salsa Jason Mcroy .jpg [ 406.48 KiB | Viewed 1070 times ]
Salsa Jason Mcroy Build.jpg
Salsa Jason Mcroy Build.jpg [ 304.88 KiB | Viewed 1070 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Original Build
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:05 am 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:58 pm
Posts: 4434
Location: Third stone from the sun.
originalshinkicker wrote:
I actually built all of Jason's Salsa bikes at Denton Cycles in Newcastle. Jason would regularly walk in with a frame, forks, a bag of new bits and a bag of freshly broken bits. He was such a demanding person to build for but I really really enjoyed it.


Stunning bikes and pics 8)

Did JMC ride smallish frames for his height ?, read somewhere he was over 6' tall, all his bikes look like 18" frames


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:17 am 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7054
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
Awesum.

I cant wait to finally see this finished, have you got the frame back from Si yet, last i heard he was mapping the paint for an exact match, but that was quite a while ago.?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:37 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 2:22 pm
Posts: 316
Location: Warwickshire
How big is that big ring?!!! :o 8) 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:55 am 
Lincs, East and South Yorks Deputy AEC
Lincs, East and South Yorks Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:55 pm
Posts: 5357
Location: GUNNESS NTH LINCS
proper size :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Original Build
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:56 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:03 am
Posts: 395
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
jimihendrix wrote:
originalshinkicker wrote:
I actually built all of Jason's Salsa bikes at Denton Cycles in Newcastle. Jason would regularly walk in with a frame, forks, a bag of new bits and a bag of freshly broken bits. He was such a demanding person to build for but I really really enjoyed it.


Stunning bikes and pics 8)

Did JMC ride smallish frames for his height ?, read somewhere he was over 6' tall, all his bikes look like 18" frames


Jason was about the same height as me, I'm 6ft and those salsa frames were perfect size, nice and long too.


Attachments:
FrontView.jpg
FrontView.jpg [ 386.84 KiB | Viewed 993 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Original Build
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:58 pm 
West Midlands Deputy AEC
West Midlands Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:30 pm
Posts: 3829
Location: Suffolk
originalshinkicker wrote:
jimihendrix wrote:
originalshinkicker wrote:
I actually built all of Jason's Salsa bikes at Denton Cycles in Newcastle. Jason would regularly walk in with a frame, forks, a bag of new bits and a bag of freshly broken bits. He was such a demanding person to build for but I really really enjoyed it.


Stunning bikes and pics 8)

Did JMC ride smallish frames for his height ?, read somewhere he was over 6' tall, all his bikes look like 18" frames


Jason was about the same height as me, I'm 6ft and those salsa frames were perfect size, nice and long too.


Thanks for posting these pics originalshinkicker really good to see them :D

I had a shot at making a replica JMC Salsa:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=159580

Mine I based on a article in a MBUK Are those STI shifters that are on the last pic you posted? It looks like he changed the spec on his bikes a fair bit trying out new stuff.

I'd like a nice DD for mine but finding one at a time when I have money and one that looks ridable hasn't happened yet! Missed a good one the other day :(

Got any more pics? :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chrisv40, Google Adsense [Bot], JohnMarin_77, mrkawasaki, stachaibou, Woody and 41 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group