the abominable snowman and his favourite diner

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Took delivery of this American legend yesterday. The for this frame only right fork (AccuTrax) is there too.

I can already imagine the build: ATAC, white gear, plain hard core kit. The frame requires stepped ferules and the funny routing front mech, but fortunately I have them.

5377542469_601be06d51_b.jpg

Nope. Repair. The repair looks properly performed. This seatclamp area was a relatively notorious spot on the early Patco Yetis I believe. The frame as been refinished and is never moved after that I have been told. It looks pretty much spotless. The AccuTrax that came with it has a 1-1/8 steerer. I have a 1-1/8 Onza Mongo, so with cups it should make a nice ensemble me thinks.

@all
Much appreciation for the kind words. Yetis have emotions too.

Melvin… it's abominable !!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

So, abominable accutrax and abominable A-TAC !
No anodised parts : they are not acceptable on such a frame !

Yeti usually fits 1"1/4 headset. I couldn't find a devolution ChrisKing headset for mine (CK doesn't buit them any more), and the only elegant solution was to find an 1" 1/4 Thread Accu-trax. :D
Yes, you could put shims on the frame but I'm not sure of the aesthetic…
Look at that http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250759039751#ht_500wt_1156 for your frame ;) , but need an abominable orange respray ! ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back