'93 Klein Fervor winter semi-period spec.

matt.bee

Devout Dirtbag
Was going to wait until the build is finished, but couldn't wait to post at least one pic of this as it is today. Bit of 'history' first though, please indulge me!
Back in 1995 when I went to uni my housemate had one of these, a '93 Klein Fervor in candy red. At the time it had XT group with Cook Bros cranks and RS Judys. I drooled over it while riding my Carrera 'lump', and even when I'd spent most of my student loan at Alf Jones on a 'dale F500 I still wanted it really badly.
Fast forward to 2000, my 'dale was stolen and I was without a bike. My friend (Ade of Rivierabike as it happens) had recently bought his first full sus; a Marin B17, so he lent me the Klein. I had it for a year, raced the Red Bull 24hr and other events on it, loved it to bits. By now it wore Bomber Z3s, XTR vs and nice XTR/Pace hubbed wheels, still with the Cook Bros cranks.
After a year I gave it back to him. He stripped it when he left for Italy, selling the frame (to Scant I believe) and giving me the cranks and forks.
(Nearly there!) End of this year I spotted a bike for sale on here. I'd never seen another Candy red Fervor and I've always wanted another so I bought it. I was going to build it as I remembered it, in the mid to late 90s but then thought "what if I'd never given the ither one back, how would I have it specced?" At present it still wears the Z3s and Cook Bros cranks I'd saved for a decade. Rest of the kit is currently fairly modern, as I wanted to ride it through the winter rather than waiting to complete it. Aim is for Pace forks, got some nice hubs to build up too. I'll keep the XO shifters and rear mech, and the Thompson bits as a 'reideability' thing over period bits (although the XO is from the first batch into the UK!) but may replace the brakes with Maguras, pereferably yellow Racelines!
More pics will follow if anyone is interested, if not I'm just glad to finally be able to put a pic of my dream bike online with it's story!

164523_1557238862241_1573326596_31303695_2842003_n.jpg

Back