Peugeot Black Mamba

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
A Peugeot Black Mamba. Slightly ridiculous name and camp paintjob, but decent quality. Reynolds 531.

IMG_0367.jpg

It needs a bit of love, and it's an inch too big, but I had a massive grin on my face when I went for a ride around the marina. I just need a slightly shorter stem.

Do you think Maguras would be silly?

Other than that, I'll rebuild the wheels, then go out and fall off it a bit. :oops:

Maguras could be a little OTT. Each to there own though. If you need stabilizers. I think Argos has them cheap. ;)

Chris,

I had one of these for about two years.

I decided to SS mine to use as a commuter - Really quite like when stripped down.

Looking forward to more pics on this :)

Mine for reference:

p9060025_medium_212.jpg

chris667":121r3skh said:
Other than that, I'll rebuild the wheels, then go out and fall off it a bit. :oops:

not into the canal again please Chris :shock: :LOL:

hope to see it on one of our rides?

chris667":236uw7oh said:
Do you know how fat a tyre goes in there, Mark?

And what ratio were you running for a magic gear?

The bike had a 2.3'' modern continental tyre out back that slightly rubbed so I would say 2.2'' max

The ratio I was running above was 48 x 16 with a biopace front ring.

I ended up with an oval shaped rear cog but it was perfect for the two years I used it like that - same chain too ;)

Should you ever want to move the frame & forks on .....

Orange71- You were included in that "falling off" statement. This was the machine I was talking about before Christmas. Must get some fresh spokes and rebuild the wheels though, otherwise I'll end up pushing it home.

LGF - It's yours, matey. :cool:

Letmetalktomark - I really, really like it. But if I find another frame I like that's an inch smaller, I will keep you in mind. It makes me remember going into a bike shop as a kid and having the man selling the bike tell my dad "He'll grow into it".

Back