bears bikes - 91 rascal and xizang

Bear-Chan

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
im sure a few people will recognise my rascal - i think its been with 2 other forum members prior to me and i remember thinking how great it looked with their builds!
i bought the frame and cranks from stew-b a while ago and have spent the past few months slowly building it up as my fair weather bike :D
ive been riding it for a while in an unfinished state and its brilliant. i spent last night rebuilding the forks and the control tech stem arrived the other day so i thought it was time for some pics.
theres still a few bits i want to do - find a matching front paul brake, maybe some nicer chainrings, some kind of new brace for the judys and im still unsure whether it should have a black or purple seatpost... aplogies for the pics - the colours of kleins never seem to come out right on camera!
i hope the bikes previous owners approve of the build. many thanks to everyone whose helped me out with bits for it as well!
wascal1.jpg

wascal2.jpg

wascal3.jpg

wascal4.jpg

secondly, heres some updated pics of my xizang singlespeed. theres already a thread about it somewhere but i love this bike. it rides like a dream and pics are fun. hope you enjoy them.
BC :D
gt1.jpg
gt2.jpg
gt3.jpg

Two very nice bikes there! Don't think you need to worry about the previous owners - you've done 'em proud!

What year's the GT there? Seems to be half a Pace up front...!

Can see the problem yer having with the post too...!

Well, a black one might look good... it'll match the line of the forks and go with the stem. But then it might look a bit heavy then with the black tyres... and it wouldn't match the bars... but then I could always get black bars... and then the frame would stand out more... but I like it like the bars... etc...

Think it's called the 'Build Syndrome'...

hi BB
taa very much for the comments!
the GT is a 97 (see the rear cable hanger thingy) - ive had her since new. the front end used to be sids with a pace hub as well but i swapped the wheels recently so now its matching hopes. im on the look out for some new sunsets at some point but other than that i think its pretty much about as perfect as it could get for me. i need to find a daft sized imperial allen key to tighten the cooks BB lockring tho!

any other input on the kleins post would be hugely appreciated. its doing my nut in! :roll: i love the purple hyperlites so do want to keep those. ive put a black post on before and it does look nice - makes the frame colour really pop... but then purple is very cool... deary me!

Bloody nice Rascal indeed... I would just use a different fork (mani 1 or so) and not use V-brakes. Bit still it doesn't look wrong with those on :)

Void(EN12-82)

hi guys
thanks a lot for the comments! im really happy with the rascal and it rides brilliantly. hehe - i'd never realised about the front brake cable! :D

cypher - im not sure of the exact size - i'd say 13.5 would be pretty accurate centre to centre.

void - glad you like it! im looking forward to seeing your white one finished! the v-brakes are due to it being regular rider - it was a bit of a headache for me to decide bwtween cantis and v's i have to admit. in the end i chose the sensible option. im tempted to buy some snazzy cantis tho to keep for show! :p
the forks again were a bit of a compramise between something that worked and something ive always wanted - it was originally going to have pace's but i'd always hankered after a set of the fsx :D

Beautiful bikes ! I love titanium, and the kleins colors ! :cool: :D
I love small size too ;)

Back