94 S-works M2 Build

RawBikeCo

Senior Retro Guru
While debating what to do with my 95 S-Work M2 team frame I was surfing away and stumbled on this sad looking M2. A few emails & texts later and I was the next owner!

Its in a very sad state, last owner says original red paint flaked off many years ago so it was stripped, forks need a rebuild and paint but everything else will clean up a treat.

Stripped the frame down last night and will clean up and prep the frame this week ready for paint. The forks I'll strip down so I can get lowers painted but seals look good so these should come out like new.

Question is how to build it up? My 95 S-works I want exactly as I used to have it, but this was the bike I looked at in the brouchers and dribbled over Ned racing in bike mags. The trouble is to get it 'as it was in the day' will need mucho parts finding and most Ive found are in the USA.....oh well!

Attachments

• IMG_1189.JPG
    IMG_1189.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 4,279
  • IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 4,279
  • IMG_1191.JPG
    IMG_1191.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 4,279
Yep this will be a good one :cool:

Are you going to replace all of the 'Duralcan' stickers? The colour of the team bikes was pretty special as well from memory?

:)

Yes decals will be replicated including the duralcan one, colour wise ive taken my 95 team frame down to paint shop and we matched colour almost exactly to that.

Forks have been a pain as they were in ok condition but as soon as I keyed up the paint it started flaking off so they will have to be totally stripped now.

I'll get some progress/stripped pics up tomorrow.

Stripped the bike down and gave the frame a good clean/prep ready for paint. Hopefully get the frame down to painters this week :D

Attachments

• IMG_1219.JPG
    IMG_1219.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 4,091
  • IMG_1218.JPG
    IMG_1218.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 4,091
Stickers stripped off and bare frame keyed up ready for paint, just need to confirm decals with Gil and get those ordered and I should have shinney frame soon :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_1235.JPG
    IMG_1235.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 3,989
Frames nice and red now

:D

Attachments

• IMG_1346.JPG
    IMG_1346.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 3,660
  • IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 3,660
  • IMG_1345.JPG
    IMG_1345.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 3,660
Nice colour! How did you decide what colour to use? Did you take pics of a bike to your painter? Still going for the Ned replica?

Back