my gt lts 5000..

Gazbally

Old School Hero
my gt lts 5000, i bought off ebay for £70, stripped every bolt, replaced every bolt, bearings, frame fibre washers, 1 week of cleaning, buying new or 2nd hand quality parts, everything is XTR XT or DEORE, i love the way it rides, just bought pace rc35 MXCD forks, as the original rockshox are giving up....i think they will finish it off totally....
It rides better than my marin nail trail, at a fraction of the cost....thanks for taking a look, comments welcome...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 4,389
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 4,389
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 4,389
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 4,390
spec..

gt lts 5000 frame..not sure of year with original paintwork
fsa pig headset cups
truvativ stubby headset hussfelt
hussfelt bars
xt brake levers
xt 8 speed shifters
XTR cables
XTR V brakes with carbon brake pad covers
generic pedals, could do with a better pair i think..
odi ruffian brown lock-on grips
original GT stem top
original mavic rims with shimano xt hubs
deore xt crank and xt sealed bottom bracket
xt front and rear mech
top end skinny shimano chain
qr original GT alloy seat clamp
thompson elite seatpost
WTB laser 5 pro seat
totally rebuilt rockshox rear shock
rear section stripped and finished with carbon fibre effect frame protectors and chain slapper
cateye led lights
just waiting for new forks to arrive, i will post a new picture when there fitted...

STS-1

Hey bud, I love your STS-1 frame build, I would love to get my hands on one, especially in the yellow/black...

gt lts 5000

Being a fan and devotee of effective double wishbone suspension design for cars the layout of the rear suspension on this model always impressed me as it achieves a rising rate from single rate spring and has a good degree of compliancy from the point of reaction being mounted on the upper arm rather than being fixed to the frame. I would love to have one of these :D

pace

thanks all, i cant bloody wait for the forks either, corduroyboy is my saviour, he replied to my wanted ad, i was going to go pace rc 30-31 or on-one carbon stiffies, but i think the old skool pace will look the business, i will post a decent picture at the weekend, when i get them on...

new forks pic update.

new pics as promised...

ride is smooth...sweet as

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 4,188
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 4,188
Back