Cannondale KIller V Project DONE :)

Scarfacexxx08

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Always loved them and had one once before but was too small for me, so i picked this one up the other day and fairly pleased with it. Its a 20" but the guy had rear disc mounts added to it, and on closser inspection it looks to be a very good job. The only thing i'm not happy about it is how that part was resprayed, So out with the Nitromors and i've started stripping down the whole frame. Only issue is either paint or some paint remover got into my eye :( I was wearing goggles but it happened while i was clearing up, So went to A&E just to be on the safe side and everything seems to be fine :) Here's what it looked like when i got it.

Attachments

• Killer V500.jpg
    Killer V500.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 5,425
lol, it looks a little yellow after they put the dye in my eye! I think i'm going to re spray it just not sure on what colour, i liked the orange so maybe a deeper burnt orange and i'm going to be running discs on it. The components are going to be fairly moderm. Going to my local Motor Factors on Tuesday who mix paint so i should have an idea what colour its going to be

That's a nice one in large size ! :D

The original Tangerine colour looks really nice in it's two tone hues under the sunlight too. Can't wait to see the end result ! thread subscribed !

regards

I'll be keeping an eye on this also. After a few months of looking I finally picked up a 17" 1994 KillerV 900. The seller gave the seattube size but unfortunately that tube was the same on the 17/19/21 sized killer V made(apparently). I took a gamble anyway and luckily it was a 17".

Like so many others the plan is to strip and polish it. I already have an original 94M700, so I could simply swap the bits, however the plan is (look away retro officianado's) to build a rigid weight weenie....

After the OP's problem with paint stripper it seems that it's a good idea to keep the goggles on until everything is finished, so if anything it's saved me a trip to A&E :shock:

Well got roped into going to tescos this morning, so couldn't get started till 12 :evil: Carried on stripping and rubbing down and by 4.30pm i was done :D Although it was way too dark to be taking any pics! Going to check on what paint i want to choose from tomorrow, and will take pics of the frame bare frame when i get back!

I'm looking forward to giving this a modern touch, i have a pair of white REBAs to go on it.

This is the colour i'm thinking of

Attachments

• candy14_L.jpg
    candy14_L.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 5,258
Scarfacexxx08":mb0zzxry said:
I'm looking forward to giving this a modern touch, i have a pair of white REBAs to go on it.

This is the colour i'm thinking of

I like it! seems abit darker than the original, but really nice. If you' re adventurous enough maybe repainting the fork lower legs in this colour too will really be cool!

Very nice Jake.

Glad to hear you still have the use of both eyes :shock: I've had the orange dye too, it's quite strange.

Love the new colour, looking forward to seeing you out on it soon.

Back