1996 Foes Weasel Reunited

t_bollox

Dirt Disciple
I purchased a Foes Weasel back in 1996 and sold it in 1999. I have now bought it back from the person I sold it to and it is now undergoing restoration. I have included some pictures of the bike circa 1999.

Attachments

• bike6.jpg
    bike6.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 5,780
  • bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 5,780
  • bike3.jpg
    bike3.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 5,778
  • bike7.jpg
    bike7.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 5,780
Nice one..... here's my old Black and Yellow LTS 16's for possible muse:

p4pb5510457.jpg

p4pb5275963.jpg

In regards to the Weasel, personally speaking, I'd be looking at some RS Boxxer 151's or the Manitou X-Vert Carbons for it, Dorado's at a push but they came later.

I used to ride downhill with the bike with Bullet Brothers XXZYX (?) forks but I think for this build some single crown Dorados but some Milleniums would be best.

nightfire":2h2ttnl6 said:
Lee, that brings back memories of Hamsterley forest in 1995. How many of those LTS did you break?

Phil

I think it was three in total, then switched to Intense!

(EDIT: that said let's not hijack this guy's thread, I'm really keen to see how the Weasel comes out).

It is great when you get your old ride back..... :D

I got my scott endorphin back this year after ten years of it being...erm....lost :roll:

Congratulations mate...looking forward to the build pics...ps I may have some forks for you for that,......pm me ;)

The Weasel is coming together. Got the front section of the frame powder coated. In the process of making the decals. Also going to paint the late mode Rock Shox red to make it look like an old DH model.

Attachments

• Foes painted no decals.jpg
    Foes painted no decals.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 5,420
  • Foes old with decals.jpg
    Foes old with decals.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 5,420
Back