Iron Horse FS Works, Dave Cullinan

atmaka

Dirt Disciple
Maybe 1993 or 1994 edition, i'm not so sure. maybe somebody can help me analyze it.. :D

Frame : Iron Horse FS Works
Fork : Marzocchi XC400
Shock : Marzocchi
Headset : Tange
Handlebar : Truvativ
Grips : Michelin
Brakes : Shimano XTR
Brake Levers : Shimano XTR
Shifters : Shimano XTR
Front Derailleur : Shimano XTR
Rear Derailleur : Shimano XTR
Cassette : Shimano XTR
Cranks : Shimano XTR
Quick Releases : Shimano XTR
Rims : Campagnolo
Hubs : Shimano XTR
Seatpost : Kalloy

656923739_28b137d6c9_o.jpg

656923725_7ba78d394d_o.jpg

656923615_b834061300_o.jpg

656923609_e9df519438_o.jpg

656923587_9741f3f4b3_o.jpg

656923571_90f6e09e2a_o.jpg

Hi Atmaka,

I've seen it already. I am Elevation12,000 from the MBTR VRC forum :)

Yes, a nice one, your Iron Horse. I think we can narrow down its age a bit further => click here

As your bike has the XC400 Marzocchi it is most likely the year of your bike is ....1993!

You probably already found this thread with a lot covering on the Iron Horse and its relatives.

1st full suspension bike racing to a world title. With Dave Cullinan in 1992.

I have one too as you know. I ride it very often and I like it much. Mine has also won an important title...

the Retrobike BOTM title! ;)

Btw your pics are showing the original Verlicchi stem, a stem using an OS clamp. Discussed somewhere else in the forums currently.

hello melvin, yes i remember, nice to see u here too.. :)

i already read your post about verlicchi history, great post, thanks a lot..
and now i'm sure that my bike is 1993 edition, thanks again melvin.. :D

i had a problem with the Tange 1 1/4" evolution headset, it was broken. But fortunately, i got the replacement, brand new old stock in box Shimano Deore XT, complete with manual sheet. :D

1106582248_38d62f9589.jpg

btw, i have your 'nickname' bike, yes, the miyata elevation 12,000, i will post the photos soon..but i lost the original fork.. :cry:

atmaka":1i65rgct said:
btw, i have your 'nickname' bike, yes, the miyata elevation 12,000, i will post the photos soon..but i lost the original fork.. :cry:

What!!! :shock: Very rare

I encountered only 4 the last 4 yrs, all on classified/auction sites around the globe. I bought 2 :mrgreen: Mine are on the forums, search for SkyExpension in Readers Rides

I do know where the 3rd went. To Tucker of www.carbonbicycles.com

Yes, put up pics of yours :D

Something wrong with your fork: It is the Showa forks I guess? I know one for sale.

How did you get it? You bought it back then ...or do you maybe have a hotline to Mr Herbold ??? :cool:

Hi melvin.. as i promised, i already posted "yournickname"bike photos.. :D
It was from new, my aunt bought it in Solo, center of java, indonesia.

Hi Atmaka,

You photographed both the FS-Works and the Elev12k at a trail. Seems you actually ride them :) What is good, of course.

I do ride my Verlicchi very often. It is a joy to ride. You have to know how to ride them. With somewhat adjusted riding style (big ring pushing, not to much hammering out the saddle) you can reduce pedalling influences to a to me acceptable minimum, while still benefiting from the suspension. It is still not my fastest bike to go round on my local trail, but at some sections it blows the rest of the stable away.

Yes melvin, i do actually ride them, every once a week minimum..

Thanks for your tips.. and please, give me more.. :D

Latest posts

Back