1993 GT Team Avalanche

SeeingisBelievingGTMuseum

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
A recent acquisition/project in the works and very close to getting it back to original.. First want to thank Linoleum for agreeing to part with this one. It's a 1993 GT Team Avalanche. Tig Welded and US built from True Temper AVR frame tubing. This was the last steel framed Avalanche/Team Avalanche that GT offered and is probably the rarest because in 1993 the industry experienced the explosion in aluminum offerings and that year the Avalanche model became the Avalanche AL and GT kept the Team Avalanche as a steel bike. Some of you may have noticed that over the past 6 months I had been building up a number of Avalanches and Team Avalanches and this bike was my missing link in completing the GT Avalanche/Team Avalanche steel collection from 1988-1993. When I received this one it was wearing a 98 Indy for but I had the correct model year original Bologna Lite in inventory so switched it back to catalogue spec. The bike is full M900 XTR with M231 rims. Rich tells me it had obviously seen some sun because the "Team" top tube decals had turned white. The frame color is great but it's Imron so one would expect that to hold up well to sun. Many of the black ano parts like the headset, seat post and stem looked polished on the drive side due to the sun and original black on the left side. I have an original black post on the way for it and will be switching the tires back to the original Smoke/Dart combo.
Enjoy.

Attachments

• 1993-USA-14.2.JPG
    1993-USA-14.2.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 5,224
  • PICT8449.JPG
    PICT8449.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 5,221
  • PICT8445.JPG
    PICT8445.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 5,222
  • PICT8444.JPG