DBMTBs Dave Yates

dbmtb

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Recently rebuilt after Dave changed the seattube.
l_f0702ea08c5ba73074b46cb8fa69d1f9.jpg

l_12675a7d8bc18c164fe8171b282f8e1e.jpg

l_a56ca75abe0c1c82fb3351e491227253.jpg

Apart from it being a new colour and the headset/grips being changed out of necessity, the bike is the same as it was when I stopped racing on it in 97.

Frame Originally purchased late 93 - Fillet Brazed Reynolds 731 (753 stays, 531c main tubes, 531 tandem downtube, repaired in 1994)
Fork Pace Pro Class with long travel springs removed
Headset - I cheated (ITM Millennium) but top-cap is Use
Stem custom fillet brazed steel by Dave Yates (when bike was bought there were no 1" ahead stems available)
Handlebar X-Lite Titanium
Bar-ends X-Lite Pro Stubbies.
Grips (Modern - Pro)
Brakes/levers Magura Tomacs with carbon boosters
Shifters Sachs Quarz reverse travel Front SRAM rear
Front Derailleur Sachs Quarz reverse travel
Rear Derailleur sachs Quarz 2nd generation composite
Cassette XTR 9-speed 12-34
Chain Dura-ace
Cranks Middleburn Rs3 175mm 110 bcd with middleburn bolts
Chainrings Middleburn Quickshift hardcote 46,36 Middleburn alloy 24
Bottom Bracket Un93 (XTR)
Pedals Look S3
Quick Releases Middleburn
Rims Mavic sup 217
Hubs Hope Ti-glide rear, Fatso front
Tyres Michelin Wildgripper
Saddle Selle Italia novus Ferrari
Seatpost Use Titanium
Spokes DT Revolution

Weight 11.5kg/25.4 lbs

Holy cow - nice one! Nicer than mine. I'm converting my Diabolo to singlespeed currently...

Very nice!

Mine is in bits at the moment, I need to sort out a new headset and get the Project Twos fitted, probably gonna go modern with the drivetrain and wheels when I eventually get round to finishing it! so far I have sorted some 9 speed thumbies, NOS XT cantilevers, a Salsa aheadstem, an Ibis ti handlebar and a pair of Avid SD Ultimate brake levers.....

Stu

Very approximately I would say about 23 1/2 - 24 lbs.

I had it down to under 23lbs with rigid project 2s and cantis instead of maguras but with heavier pedals and cassette.

It's still lighter than most modern Xc bikes except for carbon fibre ones.

Weighed it on the fishermans weight from work.

A disappointing 11.5kg or 25.4 kg.

Blame the Maguras and the suspension forks......

Respect... I really like that and it's similar to what I'm trying to achieve with my Dave Lloyd.

A mix of old and new that works together brilliantly!

Here's to happy days in the saddle!

Oh and I forgot to say....

I'm proud to say that I raced on this bike a few times against the likes of Henrik Djernis and Michael Rasmussen after I moved to Denmark, due to a quirky danish rule about racing cats..... (If you had a full road licence, you had to race in Elite on MTB - which was invariably a very humbling experience, especially as the courses were nothing like the stuff I was used to from the UK).

t also raced XC against Steve Peat while he was racing for Langsett Cycles!!!.....

While it was away being renovated, my kids kept asking "what have you done with the bike you raced against chicken on?"...

Back