Grove Titanium rescue

rody

BoTM Winner
Hey guys,

I've been fairly inactive on the board the last couple of months due to the shop getting crazy busy, but I've been lurking a bit when I can. Can't hardly believe how much the site has grown :shock:

Anyhoo, I thought I would share this little find...

The original Ebay auction titled this as a Cunny/Brave Titanium frame, one look and I could tell it was one of Bill's handiwork...

the 12 degree seat tube cut, forward facing binder, clustered top cable guides, water cut dropouts, custom canti post bases, and our tell tale serial numbering sequence.

When the frame did not sell, I contacted the seller and made an offer, one that I thought would draw more laughs than serious consideration. After some tenious months, the frame arrived safe and sound.

I need to add a TI riveted water bottle boss, on it's way from Casa de Grove, and then it's off to the paint booth. I'm going to shoot it fairly conservative for me...ivory white with a pearl red clear. Hoping to outfit it with red anno'd parts and natural rubber Psychos.

I would like to get the build done in time for the Crossroads bike festival sponsored by First Flight, but don't know if I'll have the spare time :(

Here's a few pics....

cheers,

rody

Attachments

• Grove Ti bb.JPG
    Grove Ti bb.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 907
  • Grove Ti seat cluster.JPG
    Grove Ti seat cluster.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 907
  • Grove Ti.JPG
    Grove Ti.JPG