FINISHED!One in the pink!....Kona Explosif project that is!!

armitage

Dirt Disciple
Bought this 16 inch 91 frame on impulse this summer off ebay for £90.Was lookin for the ribbed 93 Kona but no luck. Lost the pics of it in the original blue colour which had started to fade purple or vice-a-versa. Anyways, it was pretty tatty to look at but the frame was in good condition with minimal rust. Im gonna go modern with the parts and see how this frame rides. Also decided to try painting myself as a powder coat in London was gonna cost the same or more in one colour.Hopefully i'll finish the build by Xmas.
konapicture2010003-1.jpg

konapicture2010002-1.jpg

konapicture2010004-1.jpg

konapicture2010005-1.jpg

konapicture2010010-1.jpg

konapicture2010007-1.jpg

konapicture2010012-1.jpg

konapicture2010011-1.jpg

i was looking to do a "pink" frame..i got the inspiration from a hanana i saw on ebay, but my powdercoater did not have the pink i required so i went to polished chrome..but i do like your finish bud
nice one ;)

ernie ;)

Well done for going down the DIY painting route, frame and fork lowers look excellent. Blend of White and Pink goes well too.

Looks great, I like it best when frames and forks are resprayed in non standard colours. Not shure I would be brave enough for pink and white but hey it works.

When I read the title I was thinking Noooo :shock: But in fact like it :D I think you've got the mix of white & pink just right. Did you use the standard spray can nozzels or some of the better ones you can get :?: just the colour fading looks very nice

Back