My Raleigh Dynatech

Paulupnorth

Retro Newbie
This is my Raleigh Dynatech as raced by Adrian TIMMIS, has his name stamped underneath, Ive changed a few bits over the years the rims from Bontrager as they wore thin, also the XTR rear mech broke. So has an XT now. Otherwise its been sat in a cupboard for a number of years gathering dust, i was thinking of selling it, but probably wouldnt get much for it, so ive decided to clean it up and start using it to get fit again, maybe adapt the stem and seat post and bars to fit me as ive put weight on since riding 10yrs ago. Ive just put new tryes on as the others perished, It still rides like a dream.

PIC to folow, lol to large

Attachments

• bike 005.jpg
    bike 005.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 6,404
Teamster

Quality - don't sell!

Enter into our BOTM - as this month seems to be a racers special edition!

Mr K

Wow - that takes me back. I remember racing at Knebworth once - the whole Raleigh pro team turned up and we (MadCowRacing) just generally p*ssed them off all day - especially Graham who they found very hard to beat!!!!

To copy MrK - please enter into BOTM!

oh i remember those,how i fancied caroline alexander on one of those! did they do one with campy kit too?

thought they did! cant find any pics of caroline on it tho.

Attachments

• dynatech1.jpg
    dynatech1.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 6,375
Love what Campy used to do on their hubs with the lather strap thing to keep them shiny / keep rust off - it's the little things that count!

Gahhh I was just thinking of this bike after seeing the other racer replicas, she's an absolute beaut.

Paulupnorth":3mg6rww2 said:
This is my Raleigh Dynatech as raced by Adrian TIMMIS, has his name stamped underneath, Ive changed a few bits over the years the rims from Bontrager as they wore thin, also the XTR rear mech broke. So has an XT now. Otherwise its been sat in a cupboard for a number of years gathering dust, i was thinking of selling it, but probably wouldnt get much for it, so ive decided to clean it up and start using it to get fit again, maybe adapt the stem and seat post and bars to fit me as ive put weight on since riding 10yrs ago. Ive just put new tryes on as the others perished, It still rides like a dream.

PIC to folow, lol to large

Nice! This looks like a later bonded frame Dyna-Tech, with the smaller
lugs and twin-stay rear. Does it have a frameset label at the base
of the seat tube?

You lucky bugger! I have to make do with the standard MT5 :evil: :LOL:

Nice to see it in such great condition.

Out of interest, what tyres were on the bike originally?

Back