JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

sinnerman

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Lester and Steve, founders of Orange mountain bikes, made a statement dacades ago......(quote)...."the CLOCKWORK has gone on to achieve LEGENDARY status", this was said and sent to print shortly after the clockwork orange debued at the british championships in 1989, taking first place..!

When these two guys, first took there preproduction sample to national race events to gauge rider responses on there new venture, i wonder if they realised, that two decades later, they would not only have a legend but a cult following too...........?

After racing kona for so long, and often being pipped at the post by Orange rider/racers, at last i have the chance to see how this cult model rides..........!

With so many Orange fans here, i hope my long awaited build has done justice to such a milestone legendary bike...!

BUILD SPEC AS FOLLOWS:-

19" Orange Clockwork.......Tange infinity tubeset, Custom Painted, (colour code matched, paintwork, in neon orange/white fade--TEAM COLOURS.)
Extra detailed attention to fade depths into frame, measured as per original paint work, Exact reproduction custom decals, sizes,colours, placement, etc)

Forks......Syncros Powerlite, totally stripped, cro-mo legs treated, and refinshed in factory black, crown polished, replacement decals applied.

Wheels....managed to source, some original complete wheels, as supplied original fit, on this model year clockwork, sadly a very sad state when they arrived, hubs, oxidized very badly, rims streaked and faded, both wheels stripped, inc hubs, new bearings, highly polished, rims stripped, and re-finished in original black, replacement double butted spokes, handbuilt to include radial style front wheel.

Drivetrain....A mix of period shimano Deore and Deore XT, Rapid fire xt shifters this time, XT bottom bracket,
Brakes....Deore, XT.
Tyres, Panaracer Timbuk II"s, (my rubber of choice)thanks to jeff@ffb
Q/Rs.....Odyssey, black and silver, complete set.
Grips......Odi attack (black)
Saddle....Turbo (white)
Cables.....Shimano (white)
Stem.....Syncros
Handlebars.....Orange Hot Rods
Seatpost.........Orange (labeled)

and to finish the package i added a BREEZE + ANGELL HiteRite...!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• orange clockwork.jpg
    orange clockwork.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 22,091
  • legend.jpg
    legend.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 22,090
  • colour code matched.jpg
    colour code matched.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 22,089
  • refinished and rebuilt original wheels.jpg
    refinished and rebuilt original wheels.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 22,081
more pics

Attachments

• syncros.jpg
    syncros.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 22,065
  • syncros,odi,xt.jpg
    syncros,odi,xt.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 22,061
  • hite rite.jpg
    hite rite.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 22,066
  • team colours.jpg
    team colours.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 22,066
Another awesome bike mr sinnerman sir!

Syncros forks a nice alternative to RC30s

:D :D :D :D :D :D

nevadasmith":1lehhlyo said:
Another awesome bike mr sinnerman sir!

Syncros forks a nice alternative to RC30s

:D :D :D :D :D :D

cheers for that....the fork choice was simple for me, for two reasons, love the stuff, and as a young lad, i got beat twice racing two years on the trot by the same guy (orange rider), using his upgraded clockwork, he rode with syncros forks, my kona had tempermental track twos......!!!!!! i built this how i remembered it.

I was starting to think we were lacking a good clockwork built lately... and that looks just awesome! Nice work :cool:

Back