1989 Raleigh Avanti

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
I am proud to announce my new addition to the retro family :LOL:

This is an 89 Raleigh Avanti that I seem to have woken up from hibernation since its birth ! I won this on Ebay at the weekend , I got it for less than half I was willing to pay :cool: happy days.

The early Raleigh's are close to my heart as I worked in a local Raleigh bike shop between 1990 and 1992.

I have just got back from up north with it and have pumped up the tyres and set the canti's. It is 100 % factory even down the panaracer timbuk 11's that are unbelievably not perished even the surface on the rims is not worn out :cool:

I will have to give it it a clean and tune up, I have just noticed it doesn't have a chainstay bridge by the bb :shock:

Enjoy

Avanti001.jpg

Avanti003.jpg

Avanti006.jpg

Avanti012.jpg

Avanti010.jpg

catpic1.jpg

catpic2.jpg

that is, as known in the trade, 'cool'.

+1

I bid on that too, but I had a much lower ceiling than you. Almost finished cleaning up the "Moonshine", will have to get some pics this weekend.

:D :D :D

legrandefromage":3o8z2h3x said:
its like they said 'lets throw as much top stuff at it as we can'

It does seem like that :LOL: , Raleigh's from this era were usually mustangs and lizards etc. This was a lot of dollars back then, £699 to be precise and I love the fact its in the smallest size , most of them were sold in gate form :LOL:

Cant wait to ride it

John":2uv357c3 said:
Another solid addition to the fleet James. Really cool.

Cheers John :cool:

Well the Tandem has gone and this one has filled its space, Do you reckon I could get away with another as the Tandem was essentially 2 bikes :LOL:

Cool bike - am really glad it went to someone on here and will hopefully stay in one piece.

Something of a bargain I think too - good skills sir!

I have a set of wheels with those m6CDs - bomb proof.

Back