kona lavadome

Kitmech

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
ok so 19 years ago i got a kona lavadome for my birthday, I rode, raced and basically went every where on it. It's since been about 8 different colours and has had various different mounts for cables brazed on over the years and then was left to rot in the garage for 10 years as my bike collection increased. i then (about a year ago) started rebuilding it with all the kit i wanted but couldn't afford all those years ago. There's still a few bits to do like the kona future shock forks sitting in the garage waiting for paint but i thought i'd post it on here any way hope you all like it!!!!!!!!!

by the way excuse the explosif decals they were all i could get 10 months ago before i found out about gil :oops:

Frame: 1992 kona lavadome

Fork: project 2 soon to be changed for kona future shock

Headset: fsa ahead soon to be changed for chris king threaded ano red
Stem: syncros soon to be changed for kona velocity
Handlebar: USE
Grips: Ritchey wcs
Barends:

Brakes: shimano deore DX
Brake Pads: shimano soon to be changed for kool stops
Cantilever cable hangers: custom brazed noodle on the back
Brake Levers: x-lite

Shifters: shimano xt thumbies
Front Derailleur: shimano xt
Rear Derailleur: shimano xt
Cassette: shimano 8 speed
Chain: cheapy from halfords
Cranks: shimano something drilled out may change for cooks though
Chainrings: pace
Chainring bolts: KCNC
Bottom Bracket: shimano something
Pedals: original shimano xt SPD

Hub Skewers: cheap red allen key jobies
Rims: mavic 230 sbp front mavic something back
Hubs: hope titanium front shimano xtr m900 rear
Nipples: black alloy front
Spokes: dt front TIOGA disc rear baby
Tyres: panaracer things 1.8
Tubes: halfords cheapies

Saddle: flite titanium
Seatpost: USE
Seatpost Binder: kona

Attachments

• IMG_1559 small.jpg
    IMG_1559 small.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 2,667
  • IMG_1560 small.jpg
    IMG_1560 small.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 2,650
  • IMG_1563 smaller 2.jpg
    IMG_1563 smaller 2.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 2,649
Very nice :D god it's been years since I last saw on of those wheel disc's always wanted one when I was younger :roll:

sweety":2t99t5ts said:
Very nice :D god it's been years since I last saw on of those wheel disc's always wanted one when I was younger :roll:

yeah me to managed to find it on eBay and paid through the nose for it but had to have it :)

Kitmech":7tgot63w said:
sweety":7tgot63w said:

yeah me to managed to find it on eBay and paid through the nose for it but had to have it :)
I keep looking but no joy so far :roll: remember my mate had a muddyfox one bright yellow with a giant paw print ah I loved it (I was 14 :LOL: )

ShiftySteve":3fcajmtn said:
I'm refurbing one the same at the moment, but the spec wont be anywhere near as good as yours! Gotta love that wheel!
Glad you like the spec took ages to find all the bits I wanted.
I'm toying with the idea of red ano cook bros cranks but not wether to leave the good old drilled ones on :)

Back