My Marin Bull Frog Trail

audi-allroad

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello , this is my latest pickup from Friday .

Great conditions , the og owner has only done a few 100 miles

Never seen an " Bull Frog Trail " before , but it looks really stunning .

Love the old Marins :) Glad to found them in my size . Iam 6,3 so it fits pretty good

Does anybody here owns an Bull Frog Trail also ? Any Informations how many of them has been made ? or how much does it cost back in the days of 1994?

cheers

bully.jpg

bull4.jpg

bull3.jpg

bull2.jpg

bull13.jpg

bull10.jpg

bull9.jpg

bull7.jpg

bull5.jpg

It was the second to top Marin bike, below the XTR clad Team Issue. (ignoring the Ti bikes)
Top of the Alu range though, but used the same frame as the Indian Fire Trail below it (which used a XT/LX/other mix and not full XT)
I guess that'll be the 20.5" "Marin" size (CTC) so 22" Centre to Top, their largest frame

You'll find it in the Archive under Marin catalogues.
Oddly bikepedia doesn't list it but the IFT below it was $1400 MSRP, so I would expect this to be a bit more say $1.500 to $1.600 ?
In UK £ around that time it was still around 1:1 is translation for our selling prices, around £1500 of course the was actually quite a bit more than the US price, as is the way :(
Though if anyone has real known prices from a magazine :D

oh be carefull on the wheels.
1.8/1.6 DB spoke to Mavic 230's is very light but well not so strong.

marin bull frog

you have done welll to get that model and in that condition.

i have a soft spot for marins so, im glad to see this one as im not sure that UK dealers even sold this model, as far as im aware anyway. the indian fire trail was similar in spec and the eldridge grade had a similar frame.

nice bike :cool:

Re: marin bull frog

marc two tone":2sfmpad2 said:
you have done welll to get that model and in that condition.

i have a soft spot for marins so, im glad to see this one as im not sure that UK dealers even sold this model, as far as im aware anyway. the indian fire trail was similar in spec and the eldridge grade had a similar frame.

nice bike :cool:

As mentioned above IFT dropped some components for LX and some other bits (e.g. dropped the SPD's for normal pedals, though this bike does not have them it seems)

The Eldridge Grade was steel, you may be thinking of the Bear Valley SE ?

Anyway, it's all in the 1994 Catalogue in the Archive.

I can now see why you wanted my palisades

You do like them on the mint side and that sir is lovely..well done

hey mates , what about uk ? its so cold here in germany these days .

back to the Bull Frog Tail

ii got more informations from marin germany about this rare kind

this was an germany exclusive model , there were only produce around 800 pieces . now i need to find the original tyres to make this back to the original conditions

cheers

Back