English cycles 'Special' - Jeremy Torr

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
First of all, a BIG thank you to Earl Hickey for his patience while I badgered him with the proverbial PM stick until he sold it to me for what was I hope for him, a good price.

Its green... Its from the same year I got my first 26" wheeled MTB style bike and I have instantly fallen in man love with it.

531 all terrain tubing - I suspect the down tube is not but even so, the frame is very light considering. The frame is specifically designed for drum brakes so along with the frame came some pretty funky looking Sturmey Archer hubs on almost mint Mavic Oxygen M6 rims - super wiiiide.

Its in a mock up state for now with later DX mechs and chainset with MT-60 levers, Nitto stem, MT-60 thumbies.

It came with MTB specifoc ITM Mach 3 bars and stem but they suit 'something eles' that will be winging its way to LGF towers.

I parked it next to the Overbury's (did somebody say 'Overbury's?) to compare and the greeny is much much, shorter, almost an inch and a half short than the Pioneer.

Anyway, I will be fitting the spare M700 mechs I have and maybe a period chainset but for now, enjoy the pics

Attachments

• the new 531 thing.jpg
    the new 531 thing.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 10,211
  • angles angles.jpg
    angles angles.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 10,211
  • differing build quality.jpg
    differing build quality.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 10,209
  • cable guides.jpg
    cable guides.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 10,211
Yeah I love that green too and drum brakes, it's like a Series One Land- Rover compared to a Discovery in terms of brake design.

Its Hilarious!

Its angles lend it to being a wheelie machine, front brake is super sharp but the fork flexes alarmingly.

Pretty light too, has that 'urge' to it when you go to pedal up hill.

Sadly, tyres are foooked so it with be wearing later IRC for now.

silverclaws":t69nzs85 said:
Yeah I love that green too and drum brakes, it's like a Series One Land- Rover compared to a Discovery in terms of brake design.

More like a series II Discovery against a Discovery III

Back