1992 Kona Kilauea

ratbane

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just got this, and she's in great condition. No dings at all. Paint is in good nick too. Setup as SS, but will be going back to 7 speed, all parts for original build came with her.

Correction! No I won't. She rides awesome as an SS bike. Really nice ride.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 2,039
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 2,039
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 2,039
Kila

Harryburgundy":2ocifcnw said:
Nice Ratters...like the colour coded forks and singlespeed :p :LOL:

The colour is awesome in the flesh!!!

She is in incredible condition for a (nearly) 20 year old bike. Was very impressed when I opened the box.

I'll be using her as SS in the short term. Taking her out with my lad this morning. Gotta swap the brakes round first though. Can't be doing with front brake lever on the left!!!!

Very nice find especially including the matching forks. It's a 1992, first year of Kilauea, although not in catalogue as released later in the model year.

mousemat":11bwyddy said:
Very nice find especially including the matching forks. It's a 1992, first year of Kilauea, although not in catalogue as released later in the model year.

The guy I bought it off reckoned he bought it new in 1991. I'll change to 1992.

was that the one from STW i outed in the ebay section? if so its nice and i wish i bought it myself :roll:

Kila

haggis":2tddyw6s said:
was that the one from STW i outed in the ebay section? if so its nice and i wish i bought it myself :roll:

She was off STW. But I hadn't noted the headsup.

:D

Lucky man, what a find. Used to own one of these BITD, and it got nicked - been looking for one for ages! Let me know if you ever need a new home for it:)
If I remember right it had an Xt rear mech when it was first out, with maybe black P2s? Cant't remember what brakes were on it originally, seem to recall it wasnt DX though. Lovely bike

Enjoy!

Kila

The "original gear" with it comprises:

DX Front mech.
DX Thumbies.
LX rear mech.
Avid V Brakes.
Diacomp Levers.
Velocity stem and K 165 bar.
Vuellta Saddle.

Most of the stuff looks original, and is year correct.

I have a feeling that the bike was available in both blue and black P2 guise BITD.

Latest posts

Back