97 Zaskar-less than 100 miles on it.

erm, thats very eclectic....

if it were mine i would swap the tyres out for black walls, change the saddle to a wtb, and stem to a syncros and ditch the bar ends

Lovely frame and like the pedals. Agree if it were mine i'd go for a different stem and saddle.

Otherwise nice to see a minter hope you enjoy it. If you use it a lot off road then I'd be tempted to go for a fox or similar 80mm travel modern fork then the darts. Darts are ok as a basic fork but not the best to be honest.

Eclectic...haha. It is... different. I wanted 80mm Fox forks but these were only $100 and I need to get back into riding and get stronger. Afterwards, yes, I agree with the suggestions, and will probably change it again to more mtb suitable parts. I have been looking at a GT Force 2.0 though but again, costs.

I just wonder why I have a 20 MAR 97 sticker and a 0197 date on the read dropout.

Zas-Kar":1vpeh263 said:
I just wonder why I have a 20 MAR 97 sticker and a 0197 date on the read dropout.
Most likely because the frame was produced in January, and the bike was built in March. ;)

Back to normal

I could not stand the 100mm forks any longer so I bought a Nashbar carbon fork. So far so good. It really lowered the bike. The fork only has a 385mm axle to crown distance. It's about the size of the old 2x4 fork I had in the past. It's a lot of fun again.

>Yes...I adjusted the seat since this photo...haha.

I can't even begin to tell you how much better I think the '97 Zaskar looks with the rigid forks and different stem setup! Good job :)

I know you built it with a higher front end originally to help your back, which is understandable - glad you've made it look a bit more aggressive now though. Aggressive is what Zaskars do best!

Back