Bring the Funk! -- UPDATES p. 4

mfh126

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well she's here -- '91 or '92 Funk Pro Comp. Back in her home country, fresh off the boat from Japan. I snagged it on Ebay about a week ago. It's in fantastic condition. A few paint chips, but that's about it. The color is truly stunning in person -- pictures don't do it justice, especially the magenta.

I'm not sure how I'm going to build it up yet. I'm thinking Suntour XC Pro for the shifters, levers, and derailleurs, but everything else is up in the air at the moment. Any suggestions?

Oh, and much thanks to felixdelrio for his Funk knowledge. He's been a big help so far.

Attachments

• Funk 3.jpg
    Funk 3.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 4,409
  • Funk 2.jpg
    Funk 2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 4,409
  • Funk 1.jpg
    Funk 1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 4,409
  • Funk 01.jpg
    Funk 01.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 4,409
Oh yea, keep em comming. CU's of the wacky rear der stops, bottom pull front der pulley. What seatpost size? I have come across differing info on this.

Awesome frame :cool:

Nice set of graftons to compliment those dropouts would be nice. Reckon you need a nice CNC'd crank as well to match the beefy tubes.

:shock: lovely frame and the paint job is great. :D keep us updated on the build

looking forward to seeing this progress! are you going for a subtle build bearing in mind the bright paint or a super bling ano build?!

either way it'll be lovely! :D

This is awesome!

One of the other paperboys as a young lad had a Funk! Put my brand new 1993 Hahana to shame. His was all grey.

Cant wait to see this progress.

I am loving this :shock:

The forks are the best looking rigid fork I think I have ever seen :cool:

Duly book marked for following :D

Back