Mid 90's Lava Dome, my new commute

dekerfintheshed

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just picked this up last week, 94 (I think?) Lava Dome. Original paint still pretty good. 1.125" slicks fitted and now mudguards I'm afraid too..... :oops: Nice short XT mech fitted and thumbies which surprisingly feel great to use. Don't know the original spec but I assume there's been a few changes, especially the XT vees hence the clumsy looking cable stop carrier on the top tube..... Was really looking for something understated and capable of taking a few knocks in the works bike sheds, but I'm actually loving my first Kona..... ;) Before anyone says, yes I know the collar was the wrong way round and no, they're not my plants.....

Attachments

• DSCF0268a[1].JPG
    DSCF0268a[1].JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 1,563
  • DSCF0272a[1].JPG
    DSCF0272a[1].JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 1,563
Ah, my very favourite Kona. I've always loved that colour - they looked great with Marzocchis on them too, though I think I'd stick with the P2 myself.

I'm 99% sure that's 1994... I have a 94 Fire Mountain, and have always thought that was the last year they made "proper" Konas ;-)

Cheers,

AJ

I've been kinda intending to sort a commuter (not that I think I'll be allowed to spend the cash)- that is pretty much exactly what I had in mind. Congrats!

i think this is the best colour lava domes come in. a guy i used to share an office bikeshed with a few years ago had a mint original one. put my shabby 1996 to shame - i was faster though :p

cce":1ean1lb7 said:
i think this is the best colour lava domes come in. a guy i used to share an office bikeshed with a few years ago had a mint original one. put my shabby 1996 to shame - i was faster though :p

White is the fastest colour for a Lava Dome ;)

Back