Kona Cinder Cone Joe Murray

mikkelhong

Retro Newbie
Wondering what the vintage of this Kona Cinder Cone is. Just converted it to single speed and am going to pimp it out for commuting. THanks.

Mikkel

:?:

Attachments

• cindercone.jpg
    cindercone.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 4,372
probably around '92-93 going by the graphics but i'm not sure on colours for this frame of that period. I do have to say though that is one of the worst pictures ever, were you on a trampoline at the time? :LOL:

It's a 1993 but I haven't seen one in that colour before. It does look like the original paint though, so perhaps the colour was specially for your country?

If i ever need to buy a vibrating weight loss machine i know you have one!
Come on man take some good pics and lets see your bike :LOL: ;) :LOL:

1993 by the looks of the decals & paint - although the UK spec colour was ti up front faded into red at the rear - is this likely to be a US or Canadian frame?

Here is the 1993 Lava Dome as sold in the US. I don't know which version of the catalogue was sold in Europe excl UK, but in the 1993 US catalogue the colour for every model was listed as (in this case):

White phosphorescent
Titanium

I guess that could mean that every model was available in titanium as an option. I haven't seen proof of that, but perhaps this bike is an example of that titanium colour?

Attachments

• page 8 - Lava Dome size 18.jpg
    page 8 - Lava Dome size 18.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 4,089
Back