1996 Fast Eddie Carbon 98 Pace RC 36 Pro class

racingferret

Retro Newbie
Heres my old ride, not entirely original build but I kept the frame when I stopped racing but could never bring myself to throw it out. I built it back up last year and took it for the first ride. It accelerates so fast compaired to my full suspension job.

DSC01147.jpg

Not much,
I will post a few more pics of the frame at the weekend. The top tube and down tube are unpainted so you can see the carbon weave.
I do not know much about it apart from the guy who made them was called laurence I ended up swapping a frame with him, as I had a really heavy impact on the first one I owned and punched a hole in it.

Fred Salmon Racing ( a division of muddy fox uk I think )had a frame that looked identical with different graphics in their BIGFOOT range of frames. The uk distributor for fred salmon was trout trading....lol.

Re:

racingferret":dxnyyv81 said:
Not much,
I will post a few more pics of the frame at the weekend. The top tube and down tube are unpainted so you can see the carbon weave.
I do not know much about it apart from the guy who made them was called laurence I ended up swapping a frame with him, as I had a really heavy impact on the first one I owned and punched a hole in it.

Fred Salmon Racing ( a division of muddy fox uk I think )had a frame that looked identical with different graphics in their BIGFOOT range of frames. The uk distributor for fred salmon was trout trading....lol.

Lawrence Fagg was the guy responsibile for these frames. The better was the carbon/kevlar which also looked amazing.

Re:

And so… some information about the brand "Fast Eddies" ? :?:

Re: Re:

24pouces":3cd8mdkh said:
And so… some information about the brand "Fast Eddies" ? :?:

Well I can tell you a great deal about Fast Eddie bikes because I used to work for the company and built them.

Fast Eddie is my old bosses farther, Charles Edward Fagg. So no high ranking race dude involved.

All FE frames came from China including the Ti, carbon and carbon/kevlar. I used to build these in an small unit in Birtly and then moved down to Whitley Bay Dome. Deep in the cellars was where they were finally built. The upstairs of the dome was Fast Eddies skate park. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7ZOETPCQAAcmD1.jpg:large

That frame with the Risse shock was not the best idea and as a bike didnt feel good. The steel full suspension frame was only short travel but wasnt too bad.

Good old days and good bikes...

Re:

racingferret":1vn6ov85 said:
Fishy Fred, he's still kicking around in the industry. http://www.ukbikefactory.com/ started out selling imported stuff with his name on in the early 90's i think.

nick-fred.jpg

Needs to wear more clothes though.

Freds shop is in Whaley just down the road from me. Never met the man (I dont think) but a friend of mine used to work in the shop at weekends

But anyway, back to Fast Eddie.....

Back