gt rts-1

speedplay

Senior Retro Guru
well ive wanted one of these for ever!!

I managed to find a cheap one on ebay and did the dirty with a cash offer.... :oops:

when she arrived she was a bit of a joke...the clown that used to own her had fitted rst hi5 to the front and a short stem as well as some really cheap components.....a couple of hours later Ive managed to relive my childhood :LOL: .

Most of the bits were pinched from one of my other bikes to make room for this one.

I know shes getting on now but I have always wanted one so I bought one! :LOL:

Im not sure of the exact year so if anyone can give me a few pointers I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

• 13072007201 (Small).jpg
    13072007201 (Small).jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 3,144
  • 13072007203 (Small).jpg
    13072007203 (Small).jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 3,142
I'm thinking maybe '94? Rear mech hangers changed to 2 bolts for that year... but it could be a bit later... No earlier though. '94 I think...

update

after finding a crack in the head tube from the muppet who fitted triple clamps to this bike before me....
I stripped the frame and sent it away to be sorted.
The crack was ground out and welded, filed smooth and polished back out.
I have a small blemish on the head tube but hey, Im not able to see it when Im riding!

I have now sourced a shim for the use post, fitted a cane creek ahead set, found a new hope seat binder and generally polished the frame for a bit more bling! :LOL:

I took this through the centre of Northampton today for a bit of a spin.
Everywhere I went I noticed people looking at it.
I had forgotten quite how rare these things were when I had a group of kids ask me if it was a new proto type gt!! :LOL:

Just have to source a new sticker set now to restore her to near perfection.

Attachments

• 13092007135 (Medium).jpg
    13092007135 (Medium).jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 2,829
NIce one .

I found some original decals on ebay US . ( actually Slim found them for me :LOL: ) .

Re: update

Looks good!

speedplay":1uzov94h said:
I had forgotten quite how rare these things were when I had a group of kids ask me if it was a new proto type gt!! :LOL:

Whilst abusing the local petrol stations air pump a "youngen" on a specialized asked me if i realised i had my forks on backwards, when he saw my RC36's.

It made me chuckle.

But to be fair he got his own back when he had to tell me how to use the digital setup on the air pump thingy.

Hope this helps identifying the year. I have a 96 Team RTS and a 92 Frame, both have a "flat" GT logo plate at the end of the top tube, at the back just behind the seat tube crossing. Looks like you have the curved logo plate, so I'm guessing it's after 96. I believe the serial number has a date code.

I found a picture of mine, not the greatest photo, but you can see the "flat" plate...

Attachments

• GT_Team_RTS.jpg
    GT_Team_RTS.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 2,709
Back