Mongoose rockadile

speedplay

Senior Retro Guru
My old friend..

1998 mongoose rockadile 17.5 inch frame, box section rear triangle and pear drop section down and top tube.
This thing is seriously stiff and really quick in the technical stuff.

xt rapidfires, xtr front mech, xt rear mech, magura raceline "D" brakes, use post, spin carbon wheels, 97 judy superlight forks (painted black for the stealth look :LOL: ) 93(ish) xt chainset (standard drive), xtr cables and my first spd pedals....must be well over 15 years old now!

Fully built as above , she managed to tip the scales at just over 21lbs

Shes looking a bit beaten up now as I used to race her.
She wasnt too bad but when I split up with the ex, she decided she wanted to use it for a bit.....treated it like a halfords special and got bored of it soon after.

Ive robbed most of the bits off her today for a project ( watch other posts ) but I'm planning to get her stripped and repainted in white and get the judys done to match.[/i]

Attachments

• 13072007200 (Small).jpg
    13072007200 (Small).jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 2,070
I am actually looking for some pretty bits to build her back up with....

Thinking red ringle after the frame and forks have been sprayed white, new red bordered graphics....

Id like to find someone who can snowflake a front wheel for me too to go with the fibre lyte spoked rear wheel i have ready for her..

I miss the acceleration and twitchyness of this beastie....understated is good but shes chucked me off a few times :LOL:

Back