94 Ozone Oxygen

KJD MK1

Devout Dirtbag
I bought the frame new collecting it from the work shop in Malvern back in 94 as I wanted to completely build a bike to my spec. It took me around 6 months or so to complete the project and used the bike for around 9 years with no issues, I even did a few Chedder challenges on it when I was a lot younger and a lot fitter!!!
Anyway for the past 6-7 years the bike has been unused and hung up in the garage with a coat of grease on it for protection when reciently I decided to get back in the saddle, to my suprise the bike cleaned up well and only needed new bar grips, a seat post clamp, I also stripped everything apart checked, cleaned and greased everything before re assembly. My real problem was my Manitou 3 forks, the elstimers had rotted away and with no hope of replacements I was stuck. :(
Luckly popped into my local bike shop and the owner pondered for a while and then said "I have some replacement springs out the back somewhere" well he found them, I fitted them and I am so pleased they work fine :D
With the bike up and running I've been back out the last 2 months and I'm enjoying the bike more than ever.
I've now though decided to upgrade the brakes to XT V brakes as the old Dia comp items are left wanting and I've just bought some Nobby Nic tyres so before the new bits go on I thought I'd share some pic's with you of the bike as was 1994.

OzoneMTB001.jpg

OzoneMTB006.jpg

OzoneMTB003.jpg

OzoneMTB004.jpg

OzoneMTB009.jpg

OzoneMTB011.jpg

OzoneMTB007.jpg

OzoneMTB005.jpg

OzoneMTB013.jpg

I'd better write a spec sheet If I can remember.

Frame. Ozone Oxygen
Fork. Manitou 3
Headset YST
Wheels. Mavic 230 TIB S/S double butted spokes Hope Ti Hubs
Chainset XTR
Shifters XT Thumbs
B Bracket XTR
F&R Mec XT
Seat post Xlite
Seat Filte Ti
Bars Marin lite
Stem Club Roost I beam
Brakes Diacomp 987
Levers X Lite
Bar Ends Control Tec
Cables XTR
Pedels Spd's

I seem to remember the full bike being around 22lbs

Enid_Puceflange":yhml86bv said:
I like that an AWFUL lottttt!!!!! :cool:

If your ever tempted to sell the frame , let me know ;)

Gc

Thanks,

If I did ever sell I could only sell complete and I'd have no Idea what it was worth or what I'd replace with.

I have a figure of a 2.5K build cost at the time but clearly not worth nothing like that now.

Happy to be just riding again :D

Love the bike KJD. See what you mean about the similarities, I assumed at 1st you had a co2 (the e-stay one).

Would like to find one of these myself one day maybe!

fingers":313yyaxc said:
Keep it mate, it looks awesome and you can never replace the history.

Thanks,

Its been with me from day 1 so just as well keep it and enjoy it. :D

the_duke":103yahzm said:
Love the bike KJD. See what you mean about the similarities, I assumed at 1st you had a co2 (the e-stay one).

Would like to find one of these myself one day maybe!

As soon as I seen my frame at the big Malvern MTB race all those years ago I just had to have one.
Not sure how many are around and I dont soppose the workshop still exists but they sure did make some very nice stuff.
I see yours is for sale, nice bike and well worth the asking price IMO.

Back