another Lava Dome

mickdeene

Kona Fan
Another "burnt orange" one but still the best color I think.
Taken the day I got it home and not digital,don't think digital was available BITD so not best quality pic.
Has been and still is being updated ........ mainly due to being stolen/recovered twice.
I know its wrong and probably makes me a bad person but it feels sooooo good when you actually catch the thieving scum. ;) ;) ;)

Attachments

• Lava Dome (600 x 418).jpg
    Lava Dome (600 x 418).jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,048
re stolen/recovered

Long story but the 1st time was from outside local corner shop .....chased after him for about a mile on foot (wasn't such a fat b'stard then lol)finally caught up with him going in his mates house and burst in(a little bit annoyed,and sweating)and after restraining him with my hands around his throat and his mate threatening me with a pool cue I told the father to call the local police who turned up and accused me of over reacting ??? and were about to arrest ME until I told them about the pool cue etc.
The second time was from outside my lock up .....packing up to go home and left bike leaning against the doors whilst I cleaned my hands etc,normally I would have stood outside by the bike,especially after the previous episode but just across the road were a girl(who I knew + her sister and a friend).
I came out of the lock up and walked to the outside tap(which was in the opposite direction to the bike)to wash my hands and when I walked back then noticed the lava dome was gone.
On asking the girls they had watched a young lad,who they thought was urinating against the garage doors get on the bike and disappear off on it
Not a happy bunny ........
About a year later,leaving the same lock up on my m/c I saw 3 teenagers walking past pushing a bike which I recognized as mine .....I drove to the top of the road,parked the m/c and waited for these guys to come along.
Tried to be calm,but unfortunately I failed miserably.On questioning the fellow with the bike his 2 mates disappeared up the road and I ripped him from the bike and called the police on my mobile.The verminous creature managed to wriggle away but not before I'd pushed him into the pavement causing several lacerations to his face causing his nose to bleed profusely ......
The police took details but weren't really bothered,just another stolen bike had been recovered ......not by them tho'.
As I said it properly makes me a very bad person but I def felt better knowing that he had received some punishment for his crime,just not from the police.
Unfortunately while he had had it he had taken off the better bits and pieces and replaced them with cheap stuff so it's now been updated with various upgrades,gear mechs,chainset,pedals etc to get it up and running again........almost done,just waiting for the saddle to turn up.Can't wait to get it out and take it for a spin :D :D :D
Will get some pics of it once I've got it finished.
Sorry the tale dragged on a bit.
One thing I've got to invest in is a decent D lock etc so it doesn't disappear a third time.

Wow what a story. It must be fate that you've managed to get your bike bake twice ;) I'll give it to you for your self control as I think i'd have been locked up :oops: It's a very nice looking bike :cool:

re self control

They almost did lock me up with regards to the 1st incident,said I'd used TOO much force whilst restraining him :shock: .
Occupational hazard of getting caught .....it was only that the thieving shits mate had threatened me with a pool cue that swung things in my favor :twisted:
Glad you liked the bike tho' still the same color,just upgraded the necessary components.

Now I really miss my old Burnt Orange Dome! I see it has the scratch and sniff tyres too in the picture above and that orrible cassette they came with, it always looked dirty. ;)

Good work on knocking the crims a little, bollox to their rights if you ask me (as long as you can prove they are the thieving scum of course)!

Back