Trimble Rasta........................its coming along

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
This project has been getting built up slowly over the past year or so and is getting closer to being finished now so heres a few piccis for those who have asked.

been out on it today, just road miles to be sure it all works, it did and it sure is a shifter

spec (for now) ➡️

Trimble inverse 4 frame..........early fatter lower seat tube area
Trimble roo bar combo............as made by brents brother
Marzocchi Z5 fork
Chris king gripnut headset
Onza ules grips
XT rear mech
XT thumbies
XT front mech............custom jubilee clip jobbie
Hope hubs
Sunrace 7 spd screw on freewheel
Sun Ringle CR18 red rims..................to match the hubs of course
Panaracer magic tyres
Ritchey skewers
Rockwerks brake levers..................................tektro really but they are light and cool
Control tech front canti's......................so easy to set up
Revenge industries U-brake......................again really easy to set up
Kooka Rasta forged cranks with middleburn & sugino rings..............perfect for this build
XT chain
Suntour XC seat post
Turbo leather saddle
Acor seat clamp

Spec due for a change soon - watch this space

please------no rasta whale comments :roll:

picci's taken using my camera phone as the main camera's down

DSC00164.jpg

DSC00160-1.jpg

DSC00161-1.jpg

DSC00158-1.jpg

DSC00156-1.jpg

DSC00154.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

Big thanks to B3 who cnc'd the main tube cable stop for me from a picture - and thanks to his child for hiding the prototype in the VCR :LOL:
and of course to Kris for taking on the paint job.

;)

Scrolling down the page, i reached the first pic...... :shock: Whoooaaaaaaa
That is stunning. Thats a phenomenal effort.
Basically speechless :shock:

Very nice indeed.

If I wanted to be really picky I'd say the Z5 would look much better with a polished BAM brace than the painted Z5 job, and better internals from a Z2 would also improved their performance. That and the 2001 model year fork stickers could also be considered out of place.

But in reality it matter nowt. ;)

as it was and how it is ➡️

http://s30.photobucket.com/remix/pl...0.photobucket.com&t=1183621733&fs=1&os=1&ap=1

I did want a polished brace so I could use a real marzocchi cantilever hanger but I couldn't find one at a reasonable price so if anyone has a reasonably priced marzocchi polised arch up for grabs ...........pm me ;)

I will get some better piccis up as soon as I get some batteries

:!: BTW....................front brake looking like its gonna be replaced by a gold rockshox disc caliper and the front hope by a white industries/rockshox disc hub

GTLTSDisc.JPG

You sure you don't want to sell :LOL: :LOL: Love it. You must be so :D I've yet to see any one riding a Trimble. unless i look in a shop window while riding along. Which is not a good idea in London. :LOL:
What is the frame number please?

nonod.gif
No frame number, have checked everywhere but it don't have one .

as for never seen another ridden around , you aint gonna see one if you end up owning them all are you :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:
I think the real early frames had no frame number.
Their are only two other makes i love Klein & Merlin. But they haven't got that some thing special :cool: . Plus out of my price range.
You will be taking it off road i hope

Lee that is stunning, absolutely fantastic build..

How many Trimbles is that on the site now, 5 ??

Back