1992 cannondale m800 beast of the east PIC HEAVY

timdrayton1

Retro Guru
Been looking for 1 1/4 bits for ages so its nearly done, but the decals arrived today and my excitement has gotten the better of me.

Had purple mettalic matt silver, and chrome made, ive opted for the chrome what do you lot think?

Frameset was stripped and polished before i got it, and i really liked the minimal metalic look.

The chrome is only visible at certain angles so it kind of looks like a metal finish rather than a decal.

Its going to have lots of purple anno all the correct year but its far from original spec!!!

Anyone got a nice nickel finished 1 1/4 stem with 110 reach??
ef85efc3.jpg

I used to own that same bike in Formula Red! Now I have a '95 in Viper Red and love it! More pics please!!!!

I personally dig the oldskool Cannondale logos better! Thoughts?

i feel i must justify my purple anno issue, i could never afford it as a lad, and i have somewhat over compensated, at least i took tha barends off!

the decals are pretty subtle though not original i hope they last as i havent laquered over them, ill probably get round to that, they were pretty cheap.

the rear stays are not cracked they just have a line in the weld!

the hope wheels are beautifull, i opened the box this morning and joyously exclaimed "PURPLE NIPPLES" (i wasnt expecting them) to unending mockery from my wife.

most things are from 92, but its very far from original spec.

but it rides well (when i put pedals on) and its light! (think about 21lbs)

just need a decent ahead nickel coloured stem 100-110 in length with no rise and it will be finished.

btw i've left the canti cables long as i am contemplating changing the cantis.

thanks to all the guys who sold me parts!!!

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

how it looked before the decals, and the lovely hope wheels, cantis etc

beast1.jpg

That looks stunning, the puprple bits set it off a treat imho :D

Hows the front brake work using the force 40 hanger?

Latest posts

Back