Specialized hardrock gsx

cyfa2809

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
ok so the colour of the frame is burgundy with purple decals and cream outline. im thinking mostly black parts with purple too and maybe cream tyres
want to ahead so will need an ahead 1'' stem
what are peoples thoughts?

still would like some info if anyone has any?
otherwise, will get some pics up of frame if any interest :)
also im in need of a 1'' crown race for xt headset :)

hope these are ok, its a 15inch frame :cool:
paint has a few scars but im not sure which way to go with this, will probably be a slow build with paint sorted last if its getting sorted, as id then have the option to do it original or something else
thinking of m560 for it (or is it m567? arent they similar? that style anyway, black)
04122010017.jpg

04122010018.jpg

04122010019.jpg

04122010021.jpg

04122010022.jpg

04122010020.jpg

raymondluxuryyacht, will have a look

and cheers for the interest on my first retro build :cool: :D

I'll watch your build with interest 'cos I'm using one of these- same colour etc - as my daily bike at the moment but it's getting near to the time for a fairly comprehensive rebuild. I agree with you about black parts although I'm going to stay with a threaded headset. I'd like to get it resprayed the same colour and hopefully get some new decals for it.
Best of luck with your build. :D

What is certain is that I'll keep it 3 x 7 gripshift, cantis and I'd like to keep to a threaded headset. At the moment it's got the original Acera X mechs which will be replaced, and the original crankset (alloy cranks, steel rings) which have had the threads stripped by the previous owner (abuser) so getting to square one of the build could prove interesting! The rims are shot but I've git a pair of black Mavic Crossland rims on Mavic hubs which will be a nice upgrade. What I'd like to do and what my finances say I can do are not necessarily compatible!:( I'll keep tou posted. :D

Latest posts

Back