1993 Zaskar Build

Ian W

Retro Guru
Been collecting parts for a couple of months now so I thought I would finally make a thread to help me track my progress :D

All parts have been sourced on here other than the Bombers which where an impulse ebay purchase which i'm pretty sure I paid well over the odds for :roll:

I've got a set of 92 style decals on there way from Gil to replace the current ones...

Not 100% convinced on the bombers simply as the orange doesn't go with the rest of it :LOL:. Going to hold off a final decision on these until its all built up.

Still needs a fair few bits so another couple of months until i'm riding it I imagine :(

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

Last edited:
looking good ian. interested to see what the new decals look like.

can't make my mind up about the bombers. might look really sweet and different from all the others with black forks. give em a try. if they don't work well, sell em on.

what model xt shifters are they?

TL

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Well, i'm thinking with the more retro decals the bombers will work a little better as there not so bright. At the minute the yellow decals, orange shocks and blue hubs is all a bit much :p

Shifters are M739.

Ian W":3gh7v6x7 said:
Well, i'm thinking with the more retro decals the bombers will work a little better as there not so bright. At the minute the yellow decals, orange shocks and blue hubs is all a bit much :p

Shifters are M739.

it's looking nice. get it built. zaskars are popular
at first i thought it might be because they look ace
it's not. it's because they're a bl**dy great ride
can't tell you how much i'm enjoying mine

I can't wait to build it up, I had a ball burnished Avalanche back in the 90's and loved it.

Need to find a nice looking crank for it next I think. Got my eye on a modern one :oops:.

I bought a frame protector thingy for the chain off ebay that was posted in your thread so that should be turning up next week.

Bikes going to be ridden, certainly not a show piece :cool:

Ian W":2u9jswx4 said:
I can't wait to build it up, I had a ball burnished Avalanche back in the 90's and loved it.

Need to find a nice looking crank for it next I think. Got my eye on a modern one :oops:.

I bought a frame protector thingy for the chain off ebay that was posted in your thread so that should be turning up next week.

Bikes going to be ridden, certainly not a show piece :cool:

i bought two and you must've got the last one. nice

Little update...

Removed the current decals and gave it a little polish. Wasn't really in need of one but I figured while i've got a bare frame its rude not to :twisted:

Tomorrow im going to wash it all down and make sure its nice and clean and maybe apply my new decals (thanks to Gil_M for them :D )

Once the new decals are applied i'm going to give it a few coats of my car wax to hopefully keep it shiny.

Some pics..

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

Last edited:
gm1230126":y5hs6arn said:
fingers are crossed and hoping the decals are appropriate and period correct?

Do it for Europe Ian. We'll be checking dates with the catalogue. Can you apply them with the correct age music on the stereo too? I'm thinking early stone roses might be perfect, whilst wearing Joe Bloggs jeans and a global hypercolour t-shirt.

Am sure you'll do a great job and avoid the wrath of gm. I took some heat but it was all deserved. Will keep me warm this winter.

;)

Ps: GM - sorted a u brake out. Thanks for the offer of one. TL ::cool::

Back