Kona project what you think? UPDATED PICS page 2 & 3

graham1975

Senior Retro Guru
Hi guys, well this is the starting point, what im looking for is some insperation on the new paint job i want to do on it, any ideas guys?

Attachments

• kona1.jpg
    kona1.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 2,532
  • kona2.jpg
    kona2.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 2,532
  • kona3.jpg
    kona3.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 2,532
bin the stx /v's get some period stuff on it and ride it

looks a nice one

Lime green. Not sure why but it was the first thing that came to mind.

Though it does look damn nice black with just the Joe Murray decal.

Yeh i know what you mean, i am going to get it period but want to go the other way with the frame and do something bizzar with a fancy colour scheme.
Will be looking for some nice old xtr brakes and shifters and front and rear mech and casstte, so if anyone got anything ill probably buy it if its a good price??
EMMM lime green, going to have to get a colour sample i think or try and find some fancy coloured skinny steel framed bikes, any one got any?
It does look nice plain simple black but my other hardtail is black and looking for something very very diffrent for this one.
I want something nice and bright for winter :LOL: :LOL:

Nice base to start. If you are keeping the stem, I'd go flat bar, risers look wrong to me with that combo.

For inspiration cant go much further wrong then something out there like this:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=116721

Best original paint i've seen for a while, looks great I reckon. Do something similar, lime green is a good shout as mentioned. Like the 1997 (?) rockhopper A1 FS

(Jimster on here has one:)

9c7d8e27aede99b21246eec1028fa3f3.jpg

Ohh yellow, ill have to have a sleep on that 1, my dad once had a B reg Yellow passat and i thought it was grose, so yellow has never really been my fav colour :cry:

I too think this looks great as it is, spend some time polishing up the aluminium bits and it will look fantastic. :cool:

Nick C":3gbm9fo3 said:
I too think this looks great as it is, spend some time polishing up the aluminium bits and it will look fantastic. :cool:

I really really do agree, its just that my other hardtail is black and i am really wanting a change and if im goig to have a change i think i want to go the other way and do something rather exteme with the frame.
I love white too but i think there is way too many white Konas knocking about this year, my brothers Cindercone is white looks great and clean but its the norm this year i think.

Back