CINDER CONE 1995 RACE LIGHT

mk21600

Devout Dirtbag
Hi all

i finally got my kona cinder cone .

tbh its not mint , lots of scratches on the stickers and when i got it home the rear wheel has fatigue cracks around the spokes ... so a bit dissapointed with that.

also will change the tyres over to amber wall mtb ones not the current slicks

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

Read on your other thread that you had a wheel problem, but at least you got some money back. A rim won't cost you more than £20, something like a Mavic X222 should go straight on without changing spokes.
Doesn't look too bad otherwise. Do you want some bar ends for it? It needs bar ends. I've got some silver Specialized ones you could have for the cost of post :)

Hi mate yeah cool I will have thanks let me know your paypal and I will make payment ....I have replacement wheels some Alex rims with Michelin gyres so will pop them on .... Removed all t stickers he stuck on it then cleaned the sticker marks ..., but paint still has a few chips etc .... Other than that it's cool

Looks a good starting point though, I like the bronze forks and stem - have you got any further plans for it?

My Cinder Cone frame's in the post, well looking forward to getting started on it...

Might be fine fella, been a while since I had a quill stem, just seems quite high up. Should have a mark to show minimum insertion into steerer though.

Should be a really nice ride this mate.

Yip.... I miss my kona shred as it was mint and sorted ... Spent so much on it ... But as soon as I changed to mtb gyres from the slicks I fell in love with .... Proper retro steed with some nice kit too ...

Back