Project sparepartsycle

fuzzywig

Onnnne Huuuunnnndrreeed and Eigggghhhhty
been sitting in the shed in pieces since retiring about 8 years ago. Mostly built up from bits lying around mine and my brothers sheds.

Thanks to Gil for the decals, Thanks to Sussex Blast Cleaning for the powder coat, Thanks to Luke for always wanting the latest bits and passing them on to me for cheap... :D

I know it's not 100% retro but I wanted a go at single speeding and it's way more fun to build your own than buy new... Yes???

Thats a superb colour mate! Could you tell me what powder coat colour it is and its RAL code, as I'm going to restore my '89 Saracen Tuff Trax and that looks pretty damn close to the original colour?

Cheers and great job :)

Frogskins":3mb87gwi said:
Thats a superb colour mate! Could you tell me what powder coat colour it is and its RAL code, as I'm going to restore my '89 Saracen Tuff Trax and that looks pretty damn close to the original colour?

Cheers and great job :)

You're right it is a great match for original tufftrax colour :D

Thanks, I'm very pleased you like it :D

The colour is RAL 5012 light blue

some parts bin!

:LOL: The frame 1993 RockHopper, fork Kona P2, wheels, brakes, levers, bars, stem (hours of polishing), cranks and Ti BB, chainring, saddle (new cover), seat bolt and skewers were all kicking around in boxes waiting for me to get it together and rebuild her... Nothings perfect all has scratches, blemishes and dents (digital photography is very flattering).

I'm chuffed to bits with how she came out. Now all I've got to do is find a usable gear ratio (does everyone who rides single speed live on level ground?)

I can't stop staring at it :roll:

I have a 97 or 98 rockhopper framer in a poor state and this is inspiring me to get it resprayed and fixed up.

Think you got the frame colour and decal match really well thought out, and all the kit is classy and well thought through.

Latest posts

Back