Barracuda A2X 1993

CTK

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Its just arrived this morning and I managed to avoid custom charges! Shes a beaut. Weighing in at 4.2lbs & never been built up. Not sure what its made from or who made it. Stamped with B1389 at the drop out.

Digital Kreation, the resident Barracuda expert, reckons it could be an A2X welded by Chris Herting- which would be nice... Coincidentally I also have just bought a Spooky Metalhead welded by FTW!

So far for the build I have:
M900 cassette
7402 Dura Ace rear mech
Deore thumbies
XT Hubs on Citron rims- I think these may not make it...
& thats it!

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

Re: Barracuda a2?

Yep, I'm sure it's a Herting frame, and is either a 93 A2X or a Team-Only frame, made for the racing team. Either way, it's a beauty. I've got an identical one in my basement.

Register on my forum and post the serial number, alright? :)

Looks a nice frame (but what do I know :roll: :LOL: ).. look forward to seeing it built . . . :cool:

Team colours in 93 were green and "maroon" red. I can give you an idea as to the decals when things settle down for me here, with work on the website and all..

digitalkreation":wpygmkbr said:
Team colours in 93 were green and "maroon" red. I can give you an idea as to the decals when things settle down for me here, with work on the website and all..

Sounds good and will be much appreciated. Looking forward to seeing the site back in full swing.

Doesn't happen often, but I'm admitting I was wrong with the assertion that the above frame is a Herting.

It's not. It is indeed a 93 and it is an A2X, but it's a frame made by
Yeti. This information has been confirmed.

I've got some more information on my website, if anyone's interested.

Sorry for any confusion by previous statements. :)

digitalkreation":30n9vl36 said:
Doesn't happen often, but I'm admitting I was wrong with the assertion that the above frame is a Herting.

It's not. It is indeed a 93 and it is an A2X, but it's a frame made by
Yeti. This information has been confirmed.

I've got some more information on my website, if anyone's interested.

Sorry for any confusion by previous statements. :)

I got in touch with Chris Herting and he pretty much confirmed what you say- he built the Team's bikes and some prototypes. Team bikes all had the riders name or nickname stamped on the BB.

Anyway I'm happy with my NOS Yeti built frame for £100 shipped!

Latest posts

Back